Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
So did they change the design so that it is much easier on 2008 or 2009 models? I have a 2007 and there are multiple methods shown here. Which method is truly the easiest? Has anyone done this two different ways and have a preferred method?
I still think my method was the easiest, but it had it's drawbacks too. I hit a cat with the passenger front tire. Cat's don't fit between the tire and the fender liners so it took it out and bent up some front bumper mounts, etc. I had to wait a couple of weeks for parts so I decided to install a new battery before the body work was done.

Since the cat already removed the liner all I had to do was jack up the car, remove the wheel, swap batteries, and reinstall the wheel. Probably 15 minutes total.

Well, then there was the insurance deductible, time at the body shop, etc. etc.

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Why mess with fender alignment. We have changed many batteries at our annual mkc club mod meet. We use the fender well method.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks everyone. I would rather not mess with the fender so I think I will give the fender well method a try. Thanks for all the advice. I'll let you know how it goes.

It was a bummer deal. Disconnected the battery for winter storage. Connected it 2 weeks ago. Threw the charger on it after reconnecting. Charger light was green the next day. Went to start up the car and head to the first cruise of the year Saturday and wouldn't start. Had to take the G8 which I didn't mind but my wife was looking forward to driving her car for the first time this year.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well got it out in a little less than 90 minutes. pulled inner liner bolts and mudflap. Pulled the 2 nuts at the base of the pivoting rod and end up pulling the pivot nut and taking the whole bracket out. Tried turning the wheel all the way to the left but still could not get battery out without taking wheel off. With the wheel off it comes out pretty easily. Now to find a Battery, think I'll try the Interstate store tomorrow.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Interstate had the battery. Went in nice and easy. No messing with fender alignment. Nothing else to compare to but I like this method. Started right up.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts