Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
VA Beach Sly said:
My dealer says he has no info...
Has to check using your order # (VOM). Not every sales guy can access it from their desk. Some times the sales mgr or GM has the terminal in back office somewhere. Really you're looking for an "event code" that looks like 3100, 3400, etc.

·
5,641 Posts
VA Beach Sly said:
My dealer says he has no info...
The really isn't a way any longer to see target production weeks in advance. Here below is some background info on a change GM made in their systems. Once the car is built though, your dealer will see that and be able to get the vin through the VOMS (Vehicle Order Management System). The access VOMS through the GM server in the dealership. Through the web portal of GM Dealerworld, they can also check status through the order workbench (I think, our area just went live with workbench on the 4th, so not fully up to speed yet)

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2954

Here is a summary of some new infomation from GM. While it isn't specific to the Solstice, it might just as well be since it covers the current timming.

SUMMARY
To ensure high quality production, launch vehicles move through a gradual acceleration phase and rigorous quality inspections. During this critical period, production rates are adjusted to ensure high quality results. Achievment of quality standards will dictate production rate acceleration and ultimately establish the date vehicles begin arriving at dealerships. Therefore dealer delivery dates are less predictable when compared to non-launch products and production.

Efective June 1st, we have modified existing VOM processes to establish more realistic expectations regarding launch vehicle production and actual delivery to dealer. We have discontinued VOM publication of target production date and estimated delivery date during start of production while maintaining other event codes for order tracking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts