Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is a questioned asked by my daughter as she was working toward getting her drivers license and noting what cars appealed to her. Here is what I told her.

I have a 1984 Thunderbird with over 250,000 miles, on it's 3rd engine, was driven daily for 25+ years. I said this is a female, because it constantly demands attention and caressing with a wrench. Always wants me to spend money on it. Gets in a bad mood sometimes, shows her age but I can't say a thing and expects me to appreciate her no matter what.

My other car, a 1983 Buick Riviera Conv. (also applies to my Solstice), also a female. Loves to be cleaned up and looking pretty. Wants to be shown off, loves the attention, purrs like a kitten when stroked...and wants to go :yesnod:topless:yesnod: once in a while.

Apologies in advance to any women that I may have offended. :devil:

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
That about says it all. Female for sure. I think you forgot moody and tempermental though.

·
Registered
728 Posts
My cars are "its".. they are neither male nor female...

They are not a living thing...:nono: Its a friggin car...:willy:

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
That is a questioned asked by my daughter as she was working toward getting her drivers license and noting what cars appealed to her. Here is what I told her.

I have a 1984 Thunderbird with over 250,000 miles, on it's 3rd engine, was driven daily for 25+ years. I said this is a female, because it constantly demands attention and caressing with a wrench. Always wants me to spend money on it. Gets in a bad mood sometimes, shows her age but I can't say a thing and expects me to appreciate her no matter what.

My other car, a 1983 Buick Riviera Conv. (also applies to my Solstice), also a female. Loves to be cleaned up and looking pretty. Wants to be shown off, loves the attention, purrs like a kitten when stroked...and wants to go :yesnod:topless:yesnod: once in a while.

Apologies in advance to any women that I may have offended. :devil:
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree: 100%! :agree:

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Vehicles are commonly referred to in the female gender for the same reason that ships are. They are considered something that is elegant and graceful.

At least that's what I tell the wife to keep her from getting bitchy about it.

·
Premium Member
18,492 Posts
Punisher is a hot rod. It raises the testostrone level of all who are near it.

The Green Dragon on the other hand is very "non-scary, self confident, female . . ." and when I drive it MY estrogin level goes up.

I have been propositioned in both cars. In Punisher its always by ladies. In the Dragon it is generally men.

There is no doubt that there are male and female cars.

MB's car used to be male till he castrated it.:devil:

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Soli is a female....she's VERY tempermental and can often be a complete....you get the picture.

My Mustang was a guy....Ran perfectly, not one issue...ever in 156k.... It was NEVER in the shop for anything!!! It was by far a "perfect" car.... Or a "Fifth Element", but in the male sense! ;)

But, on the flip side of this, I treat "her" with a lot of respect as well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
When I bought my Solstice Coupe this Spring my brother and son asked me why I bought a "Chick Car". They constsantly send me pix of Kappas with female vanity plates like "Barbie" etc.

I think they are the coolest cars on the planet.

Lar Bear
09 manual GXP Cool coupe

·
Registered
643 Posts
I never refer to machines as one gender or another, but some of my friends say that tempermental cars are female. You have to coax them into starting and it takes a lot of effort to get them over the top of the next hill.

Now, as far as chick cars and guy cars, my same friends say it is all about the engine and shape of the car. If it is a big block in a boxy vehicle it is a guy's car. If it have smooth lines and a small engine it is a chick car.

·
Registered
728 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Shadow is neither male nor female; its an entity (like "Q" on Star Trek).
See now THAT is different, not a s/he :thumbs:...

I did name one of my cars, called it "Silver Bullet"...:yesnod:
Don't even remember the model any more, I know it was Chrysler with a turbo tho..(piece of junk)..

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
My cars are "its".. they are neither male nor female...

They are not a living thing...:nono: Its a friggin car...:willy:
Oddly, I am in complete agreement with you! ;)

:agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Oddly, I am in complete agreement with you! ;)

:agree: :agree: :agree:
Nothing odd about that my friend, just common sense...:yesnod::thumbs::lol:

·
Registered
460 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.