Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

How important is Yellow/White to you?

• I want a Solstice again now because it finally has White, anti-deal breaker.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
::public Poll::
I thought I'd start a poll incase it's true. Solsticeman has made some comments that he believe the lack of yellow is incorrect, and of course I hope he's right. However incase it's not I thoguht we'd see what people think.

SATCH posted this information recently.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1273

EXTERIOR COLORS
  • LIQUID SILVER METALLIC
  • BLACK
  • VICTORY RED
  • SHADOW GRAY METALLIC
  • SUMMIT WHITE
  • DARK BLUE METALLIC
  • EMERALD GREEN METALLIC

If this list is correct, then yellow has been dropped for Summit White now. How important was the color Yellow, or now the color White to you?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Good move to lose Yellow and add white. I think yellow cars look cheap.
If you want yellow - buy a cab. :glol:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
I picked "dont care" 'cause, personally, I'd never buy a car in either of those colors. It's me, not you (for you that took that comment personally). Yellow, white, silver - they're just not my personality.

I'm kinda a "jewel color" guy, including Onyx, myself (deep garnet/ruby, saphire, deep emerald... and pitch black).

·
Registered
66 Posts
jessler said:
I was hoping for Maroon.

Gig’em Aggies
I accidentally read "I was hoping for moron"

Then I read the Aggie part and it just made it funnier.
(Gramps was an Aggie - it's in my blood)

Personally, I love yellow. But I think that this car will draw enough attention from "Citizens On Patrol" as it is. I don't think the stuff I get away with in my Hyundai will fly too well with the DPS.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I voted "doesn't matter" mainly because it fit my position best. I'll be getting red, end of discussion.

However, I do believe that the car should be offered in Yellow. This car's styling is its primary calling card, and it would be a shame to dilute that great styling with a color that blends into the background. Give it yellow, keep the red, maybe add white. In my opinion, they should drop either silver or dark grey if they need to axe a color. I know some people will really like those colors, but to me neither really stands out and they seem rather similar. Just a couple blend into the road colors.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well, I voted white but only because I don't like the shades of yellow that GM's offered lately. BUT I still believe they should offer something in yellow. What I really wanted though was a British racing green or a deep rich burgundy colour. Oh well!

·
Registered
533 Posts
My top colors were red, dark blue, and yellow. Can't find the correct poll choice, but I think yellow is a natural color for a sports car. Cases in point: Ferrari's Fly yellow, yellow was a popular color on the Lamborghini Muira, the E-type Jag was available in Primrose yellow, the Vette is available in yellow, Porsche has speed yellow, BMW had Dakar yellow on their M3 and M roadster, etc.....

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I voted "doesn't matter" mainly because it fit my position best. I'll be getting red, end of discussion.

However, I do believe that the car should be offered in Yellow. This car's styling is its primary calling card, and it would be a shame to dilute that great styling with a color that blends into the background. Give it yellow, keep the red, maybe add white. In my opinion, they should drop either silver or dark grey if they need to axe a color. I know some people will really like those colors, but to me neither really stands out and they seem rather similar. Just a couple blend into the road colors.
I agree. I don't want either yellow or white, but I believe the car needs bright colors, so I chose "disapointed, but will get something else". I also agree that they don't need two silver/grey colors and should, IMO, axe the grey, and instead of offering white, a mettallic red or orange. I'm sure they're saving the flashy colors for year two with the FI model.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
OK, I had it narrowed down to two colors and both seem to be gone from the selection. I was going to get either yellow or what had been called "Tarnished Silver". Now yellow is gone and the color I thought was close to a gun metal grey is now called "Shadow Grey Metalic". Am I to order a car with no knowledge of the actual color it will be? I was disappointed with the color of the show car as it made the various panels seem to not quite match as you walked around the car. When I asked the spokesman what they called the color, he said metalic grey. Just this name change would have been enough to sway me over to the yellow.

Back in 1970, for me to drive to college, my dad fleet ordered any van of my choice, as long as it had windows. From the verbal color discription, I got "Chrome Yellow". Was rather embarrassed cruising around in a little school bus. Now it looks like it's "De Ja Vue all over again!"

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
My color choices have always been red, then silver. White and yellow are not even on my radar. But that's okay. I would rather not have a car in the same color as everyone else. Yellow does seem to be an eyecatcher on the Cobalt and C6, so it would follow that they should have some bright attention grabbing hues, even if in an extra cost limited supply.

On black. back before the days of clearcoat I attended a paint seminar and the rep drove a black car, factory painted which he said he repainted black within 30 days due to the poor factory applications at that time. (late '70s or early '80s)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
achieftain said:
On black. back before the days of clearcoat I attended a paint seminar and the rep drove a black car, factory painted which he said he repainted black within 30 days due to the poor factory applications at that time. (late '70s or early '80s)
In 1975, when a Porsche 911 listed for $8200, black was a $1000 option. Adjusted for inflation, that would be an $8000 option on today's $65,000 car! When questioned about that, was told that extra care was taken to assure all body panels were extra straight!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm guessing yellow might have been dropped because it didn't look right with the silver accents (especially the front grill).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts