Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I’ve been following the progress of the Solstice since its concept car introduction, it wasn’t until three week ago that I saw my first two Sol’s on the same day. The first was a white one at lunch time that looked rather bland in the noon sunlight, and the second one was later that day as my wife and I drove by our local Pontiac dealership. We turned around and checked it out, it was dark green, and I thought it looked much better close up. The salesman said it was a pre-production model being loaned to dealers for display purposes. He also said their dealership was honoring GM employee discounts.
I haven’t decided if we are going to buy one yet, but it’s moved from the not sure category to the maybe category. I still seem to be enamored with the Chrysler Crossfire, regardless if it looks like a dog taking a crap or not. I especially like the wideness of the Solstice the most, and hope that the GT model, or GPX models offers Z06 like differences between the base and performance models. However, I do have a feeling that the success this car is enjoying will result in frequent price hikes, and predict this car (with options) will quickly reach the upper 20s to low 30s within three years.

·
Registered
292 Posts
3 years? Upper 20s, It's already there w/options. :cool: Well I consider 25K + as upper 20s. :)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Hard to say, I think the N/A model will stay in step with Mazda so there will be normal price increases but nothing wild that would bump it into new range.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
mceb said:
Hard to say, I think the N/A model will stay in step with Mazda so there will be normal price increases but nothing wild that would bump it into new range.
:agree:

If they reach the 30s too fast, then they will have alot more competition. I think that they will stay in the 20s for some time. I hope they learned from the MR2 ... great car (2nd generation) but their price jumped too far and too fast. MHO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts