Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

How long did your car sit at Wilmington for?

• 1 Week

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • 2 Weeks

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • 3 Weeks

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • 4 Weeks

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • H*ll, Im still waiting after 4+ weeks!

Votes: 27 73.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see the average time it takes from 3800 to "in transit"

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
MARiSOL went 3800 Produced on 09/14 and 4200 Shipped on 09/26.

Then 4200 Shipped again on 09/30.

Then 4200 Shipped again on 10/03 (leaving Lordstown).

Arrived in Houston 10/13, on the ground 10/14, trucked to dealer 10/15, and delivered to me 10/15.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I was lucky, mine made it out in three weeks, but I had a leak in the trunk,needed a new deck seal but it was done by my dealer.
It took less than 2 hours to fix and 2 1/2 days letting the carpet dry out before they could put carpet back in and do a mold spray. But I'm glad it worked out this way rather than have my car sitting in Willmington fo 2 months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New and Confused

I'm a bit new to the Forum, but I have ordered, and have a VIN # (2749). My dealer told me last week it was pulled for QA, but was still marked as in transit. Any of you went through this? How long did it take?

·
Registered
218 Posts
hfharley said:
I'm a bit new to the Forum, but I have ordered, and have a VIN # (2749). My dealer told me last week it was pulled for QA, but was still marked as in transit. Any of you went through this? How long did it take?
Can't tell you how long it takes because i'm still waiting. Mine was built 9/12 and it's still at the plant.

As many have said, you need a lot of patience. Mine ran out a while ago, have to go find some more.. :willy:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hard to tell

Ours was "bayed" six or seven times - it did not say where it was. :cool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine was built on 10/14/05 and is still sitting in Delaware.

My dealer called today and the GM rep said that there are a ton sitting there.

Apparently 99% are on hold for now.. but did not elaborate on the problem.

Fingers crossed it will be in soon.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Led Zep said:
Mine was built on 10/14/05 and is still sitting in Delaware.

My dealer called today and the GM rep said that there are a ton sitting there.

Apparently 99% are on hold for now.. but did not elaborate on the problem.

Fingers crossed it will be in soon.
Probably the lack of available water testing facilities that deluke has been mentioning.

·
Registered
60 Posts
hyzer said:
Can't tell you how long it takes because i'm still waiting. Mine was built 9/12 and it's still at the plant.

As many have said, you need a lot of patience. Mine ran out a while ago, have to go find some more.. :willy:
:agree:
Same deal for me. Built 9/13 and promised several times in October, but Vin 101223 still not here.

:(

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Adrenaline said:
Probably the lack of available water testing facilities that deluke has been mentioning.
There is talk of shipping cars to Baltimore for water testing and for repairs. The plant is idle right now and the have plenty of room and available test booth. lI'll let you guys know if I hear any more.

·
Registered
905 Posts
That would be sweet, but man knowing my car was only 25 miles away would be killer though, especially since it would come within 2 miles of my house on it's way down to VA (if it took I-70 to I-81).

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Adrenaline said:
That would be sweet, but man knowing my car was only 25 miles away would be killer though, especially since it would come within 2 miles of my house on it's way down to VA (if it took I-70 to I-81).
It would be a good thing though. It'll get the cars out faster.

·
Registered
729 Posts
deluke said:
There is talk of shipping cars to Baltimore for water testing and for repairs. The plant is idle right now and the have plenty of room and available test booth. lI'll let you guys know if I hear any more.
What do you mean by "idle"?? Everyone go on vacation?? :willy:

I definitely dont like the sound of having cars shipped anywhere else. That takes time and requires car carriers. :( :( :(

- bspate -

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
bspate said:

I definitely dont like the sound of having cars shipped anywhere else. That takes time and requires car carriers. :( :( :(

- bspate -
I think deluke was talking about an old Baltimore plant, not the Wilmington plant.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
bspate said:

- bspate -
Evidently they aren't making any cars there now. Don't shoot the messenger, just trying to keep you guys informed. Maybe you would rather your car sit in Willmington in the parking lot for another 3 months.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts