Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

How long are you planning on keeping your Solstice?

• Less than 1 year

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 1-2 years

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • 3-5 years

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • Until I die

Votes: 69 62.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just wondering how many of you plan on keeping your Solstice until the new wears off or are planning on being a life-long Solstice owner.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was just wondering how many of you plan on keeping your Solstice until the new wears off or are planning on being a life-long Solstice owner.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Well it all depends on how the test drive goes when I go and pick it up. If I love it I'll keep it for a very long time, after the warranty goes I'll probably get that V8 conversion as I'll have a "real" job by then.

·
Registered
230 Posts
:agree: But I'm willing to bet that most of us will absolutely love them and never want to let them go. (those of us with hearts anyway)

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
This is a tough question. I put a lot of miles on a car in a year with my job. My Solstice will be my daily driver until the snow gets too deep then I'll drive my S-10. If I really like the car, I'll probably give it to one of my daughters as a daily driver before I get too many miles on it. If the car is a real problem, I'll keep it for my typical 3-4 year period then trade it in on something that has more bling.

·
Registered
753 Posts
i live with my choices until the end. my F-150 is 150k miles and still running perfectly, and looks good to boot. our BMW was a big purchase for us, but our plan to keep it for 10+ years makes the financial commitment sensible. now that both truck and sedan are bought and paid for it's time for a solstice that i will ride into retirement. i still see plenty of 1st generation Miatas on the road, and while they are no Solstice, they still are attractive sports cars providing fun rides for their owners.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I plan on keeping the mileage low this year, and store it away as a collectors car (1st1000). However, if I really like driving it, and decide I want a SOL for everyday use, I'll buy a second SOL next year, after the upgraded version comes out...and any bugs are erraticated.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I normally keep my cars about 6 - 7 years, which wasn't an option. I expect the Solstice will have about the same lifespan.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'll most likely keep mine until it is time for me to go back to the states (2009) and at that time I'll sell it to someone here in the UK and order a new one for delivery at my next duty station (turbo here I come).

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I plan on driving it till the warranty wears out. Then I'll decide about what type of forced induction I want to add, or swap the engine for whatever the high performance Solstice will have. I think by then there should be a really good selection of systems who have had thier kins worked out. I also want to learn to drive the car on teh track good with low power before moving up to a higher powered version.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Since this my midlife crisis car, 55 years.

·
Registered
59 Posts
to the original poster: could you modify this post to include more options or just redo this poll?
moderators? you could lock the original. I ask because it is lacking in options.
Added options: 5-10 years. 10-20 years. how long I will keep it depends on many factors. whenever I get one (if I get one) depends on many things (getting a better job etc.). How long I keep it also depends on many things:
-price of gas
-weather I'm doing well enough to afford to keep it
-weather the car is performing up to snuff instead of being a lemon.

because of all of the above I would have chosen 'it depends' if there was an option.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I hope that "Until I Die" doesn't mean that we're planning on being reckless! :lol:

Seriously, I plan on keeping mine for a long time. Until I die? Well, maybe. Maybe not. Who knows, there may be a sequential turbo'd, H2 injected, fuel cell hybrid that does 0-60 in 3 seconds, 4th generation Solstice available for the 2020 model year, so I might be tempted to trade.

Do you have 2020 vision?

·
Registered
504 Posts
The Solstice is about the right size for a casket.So after I suck my last breath they can put me behind the wheel,top down,for the showing.Then top up when the dirt starts filling up the final parking spot,long term section. :devil: :cool:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I usually put about 10 to 12k miles on my daily driver per year, and would expect a car to function reliably for at least 100k miles. This means I usually keep a car for 8-10 years.

Since the Sol will be a second car, in addition to my daily driver, I would push the age of both cars out to at least 12 years before they hit 100k. When my Sol is paid off, somewhere around 2010 or 2011, I'll probably replace my '99 Grand Prix with another daily driver. I don't have any plans farther out than that to predict how long my Sol will last.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts