Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that post-1K cars are rolling off the line I'm wondering:
How long is it taking from pick-up to production?
My order finally got picked-up this cycle and I'm curious how long it might take to hit the line.
I know we're still waiting for ramp up and it's bound to get faster each day.
But for now could those of you post-1kers with VINs tell me when your order got picked up?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Not an exact answer, but mine was picked up on 8/31 and is supposed to be produced either next week or the following week. This came from Pointiac.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My event code went to 3000 on 9/6 and is scheduled for production on 10/10. Hopefully that doesn't change and we don't see codes going up and back down like we saw earlier in production.

·
Registered
19 Posts
SPIROB said:
My event code went to 3000 on 9/6 and is scheduled for production on 10/10. Hopefully that doesn't change and we don't see codes going up and back down like we saw earlier in production.
My event code went to 3000 on 8/30 but GM customer service advised me yesterday that I do not have a production date yet :willy:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
My Car is 1145, and I should get it delivered in about 10 days. Why would my non eop car come ahead of the first 1000? Mitch :cool:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
MITCH said:
My Car is 1145, and I should get it delivered in about 10 days. Why would my non eop car come ahead of the first 1000? Mitch :cool:
Sorry but don't count on getting it in 10 days. They are not sending any out untill 1st oct. Said check last week sept. in case they start shipping few days earlier. I think your dealer just hoping , but my info has been right on.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
MITCH said:
don't ask. don't tell.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wonder if your location or dealer size is having anything to do with it. I know GM made a comment to that (Southern and large dealers will get cars first), so maybe it's happening. My dealer is in the southwest, so I've got the south thing going for me but he is small (2 - 1st allocation cars). I spoke to the sales mgr last week - he said my order went in but he warned me that he ordered a car on Aug. 16th and it's still at 3000!
So, it seems like a crap shoot when it comes to when your car goes into production. :brentil:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
My order went to code 3000 on 8/30, but still not production date.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My order went to 3000 on 8/23 and still no TPW :(

An interesting side note...

My uncle works at the GM plant in Pittsburgh and he said they were making the Solstice floor pans in their plant becasue the dye at the Wilmington plant broke down. Don't know how this will affect production, but they were being produced and then shipped to Wilmington as of last week.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
SD SOL said:
I wonder if your location or dealer size is having anything to do with it. I know GM made a comment to that (Southern and large dealers will get cars first), so maybe it's happening.
What would be the logic behind sending convertibles to the South first? You guys don't even get winter. Wouldn't it be logical to send cars to the snow belt first.

But if you are counting on Northerners cancelling so you can get your cars sooner, don't. We tend to be pretty stubborn.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
8,258 Posts
see new thread

I went 3000 on 08-14
800# last week told me it was being built...
today I'm backed off to UPD of 10-24.....which i believe is a bogus "filler " date :cuss:

Not a rant folks ...just get ready for recurring disappointments :grouphug:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I do'nt think you should be worried about production its the delivery thats screwed up. Ask around the forum if you dare. Bitter subject.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SCISOLSTICE said:
I do'nt think you should be worried about production its the delivery thats screwed up. Ask around the forum if you dare. Bitter subject.
Just trying to get a feel for how much time it should take from when your order gets picked up to when it gets built.
Me personally - if delivery gets delayed I'd be frustrated, but I'd have the view of "Well, any day now". It's better than having no idea when your car will even be built! IMO.

·
Registered
101 Posts
deluke said:
Sorry but don't count on getting it in 10 days. They are not sending any out untill 1st oct. Said check last week sept. in case they start shipping few days earlier. I think your dealer just hoping , but my info has been right on.
I am #864, I was called 9/9 to advise that the car was built by EOP. Today I found out that it was actually built 9/14??? and it was on hold for quality checks... so I too would doubt you would get it in 10 days...

Perfection takes time! I just sat in a pre production car this past weekend and it was great... and darn near perfect already.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Use the KISS principle:
Pick up month 1, Build month 2, Deliver month 3
So Sep, Oct, Nov. Knowing your car has been built isn't going to help. Just ask 3/4 of the first 1000. It is when you can pick it up at your dealer that matters. Everything else is extraneous information, which when possessed won't make one any happier, well at least for more than the time it takes to ask the next question. OK it is built, when will it be shipped, etc.

And so it goes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts