Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

How long from pick-up to production?

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Fortyninenorth 
#1 ·
Now that post-1K cars are rolling off the line I'm wondering:
How long is it taking from pick-up to production?
My order finally got picked-up this cycle and I'm curious how long it might take to hit the line.
I know we're still waiting for ramp up and it's bound to get faster each day.
But for now could those of you post-1kers with VINs tell me when your order got picked up?

Thanks guys!

Discussion starter · #9 ·
I wonder if your location or dealer size is having anything to do with it. I know GM made a comment to that (Southern and large dealers will get cars first), so maybe it's happening. My dealer is in the southwest, so I've got the south thing going for me but he is small (2 - 1st allocation cars). I spoke to the sales mgr last week - he said my order went in but he warned me that he ordered a car on Aug. 16th and it's still at 3000!
So, it seems like a crap shoot when it comes to when your car goes into production. :brentil:

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Discussion starter · #17 ·
SCISOLSTICE said:
I do'nt think you should be worried about production its the delivery thats screwed up. Ask around the forum if you dare. Bitter subject.
Just trying to get a feel for how much time it should take from when your order gets picked up to when it gets built.
Me personally - if delivery gets delayed I'd be frustrated, but I'd have the view of "Well, any day now". It's better than having no idea when your car will even be built! IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.