Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out my event code is 2030. How long could it take till it is picked up for production, and then delivery? :confused:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
hersolstice said:
I just found out my event code is 2030. How long could it take till it is picked up for production, and then delivery? :confused:
mine went to 3000 on 9/21...order has been in since 5/19..so who knows...based on where you are in your dealers allocation...first or second four month allocation?....of 3 of 5 in the first four month allocation at my dealer.....Im think I may see the car as a Xmas present in northern VA

·
Registered
905 Posts
Ordered 4/27, I went 2500 on 8/9, 3000 on 8/31, 3100 on 9/28, 3400 on 10/5 still waiting to be built :(

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I have a feeling you will be waiting for a while. Mine has been built for a week and still no word of "release to carrier."

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We ordered ours on 4/27 too. I should have mentioned this event code was as of 9/20. I guess we will keep waiting. Winter is about to set in here in the midwest, so if it doesn't come soon, I just rather it wait till spring, because it will just sit in the garage till then anyway.

·
5,641 Posts
Event Code #2030, is not a step of importance. It is a step were the order is "rededited", checked for buildability and additional items are added to the code of the plant.

The next important Event Code is #2500 which is preferenced of as we say around here "picked up". This is when the order is taken from the dealership order pool and brought into the GM/Pontiac order pool.

As far as when, your dealership and only them can tell you. They know where you stand in their priority listing, how many (if any) allocation slots are remining in their estimated first four month allocation. And later today, they could know their estimated second four month allocation numbers.

First allocation should cover "pick ups" through October '05 and build through November '05. Second allocation should be "pick ups" from November '05 to February '06 and builds from December '05 to March '06.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks SD. I guess I will give my dealer a call and see were I stand. Like I said befor if it isn't here soon, I'd rather it wait till spring anyway, since somtimes our winters can be harsh around here.

·
5,641 Posts
hersolstice said:
Thanks SD. I guess I will give my dealer a call and see were I stand. Like I said befor if it isn't here soon, I'd rather it wait till spring anyway, since somtimes our winters can be harsh around here.
There have been lots of people thinking the same thing. Dropping out now so they don't have to park the car for the winter unused. Think long and hard about that, if that is the way you are going.

An order that hasn't been "picked up" as of yet, but still is in a deaership's estimated first four month allocation, may not even arrive until Janaury '06. With 45 days until first payment, you could be into March '06 before your first payment (excluding the due at sale stuff). At that point you are knocking on Spring's door. With the car you want, equipment and color, since it was an order.

Step out of line now, and who knows when you will be able to get back in. All posts appear to point to the cars being a killer in person that sell themselves. As more people see them, demand could grow. You will also have OnStar coming on line soon, which may increase the order back logs slightly by those who have been waiting. The release of the automatic transmission option could also increase the demand, as those who can't/don't want to shift get in the game. Finally there will be everyone else realizing Spring is coming.

If possible, and each person's situation will be different, hang in there and check out possible winter parking solutions.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I don't think there is a rhyme or reason

I don't think there is a rhyme or reason as to when you can expect something. I hope I don't sound defeatist to you or bring you down. I say this because I ordered mine here in the Detroit, MI area on 8-8-05 and got mine last week VIN#101286, while I think there are some in the first 1000 that haven't theirs yet.I thought perhaps it was because I didn't order a lot of doo-dads and power gizmo's on mine that may or may not be on hand at the assembly plant. Hang in there, I like mine just fine.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, I'm not stepping out by no means. I just meant I would rather it come than, but if sooner I do have a nice place in the garage set aside for it. I put a email in to my dealer, so maybe I will know something more about my order soon. I emailed him instead of calling, this way he can answer when he has time, instead of stopping him from something he might have pressing to do. :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
hersolstice said:
Oh, I'm not stepping out by no means. I just meant I would rather it come than, but if sooner I do have a nice place in the garage set aside for it. I put a email in to my dealer, so maybe I will know something more about my order soon. I emailed him instead of calling, this way he can answer when he has time, instead of stopping him from something he might have pressing to do. :)
Hero,

Maybe you could make an agreement with your dealer. Allow him to store it for you, roped off in his showroom, with no driving. Might be a win-win for both of you. ;)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats an idea. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine was ordered 6/1 and went to 2030 on 9/20 (thanks CC) and I've made that deal with my dealer. If it come this winter, he gets to put in in his showroom..roped off, until spring.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,591 Posts
RamJet said:
Mine was ordered 6/1 and went to 2030 on 9/20 (thanks CC) and I've made that deal with my dealer. If it come this winter, he gets to put in in his showroom..roped off, until spring.
Mine will be going back to the dealer in another couple of weeks for it's winter storage on the showroom floor, after a fresh detailing.

:)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Small Dealer said:
There have been lots of people thinking the same thing. Dropping out now so they don't have to park the car for the winter unused. Think long and hard about that, if that is the way you are going.

An order that hasn't been "picked up" as of yet, but still is in a deaership's estimated first four month allocation, may not even arrive until Janaury '06. With 45 days until first payment, you could be into March '06 before your first payment (excluding the due at sale stuff). At that point you are knocking on Spring's door. With the car you want, equipment and color, since it was an order.

Step out of line now, and who knows when you will be able to get back in. All posts appear to point to the cars being a killer in person that sell themselves. As more people see them, demand could grow. You will also have OnStar coming on line soon, which may increase the order back logs slightly by those who have been waiting. The release of the automatic transmission option could also increase the demand, as those who can't/don't want to shift get in the game. Finally there will be everyone else realizing Spring is coming.

If possible, and each person's situation will be different, hang in there and check out possible winter parking solutions.

You said OnStar is comming on line soon, maybe that is what is holding us back. We have OnStar on our Aurora, and this is one option I think is really worth the mony and possible the wait. Since the wife will be driving the Solstice most of the time, I really want her to have this on board.

·
5,641 Posts
hersolstice said:
You said OnStar is comming on line soon, maybe that is what is holding us back. We have OnStar on our Aurora, and this is one option I think is really worth the mony and possible the wait. Since the wife will be driving the Solstice most of the time, I really want her to have this on board.

Pontiac/GM is currently saying "November" for OnStar. If you are interested, is worth e-mailing or talking to the dealership about possibly sliding back (if even required) on their wait list until it is available.

This will work in two ways for you and your wife, get what you want and let a little more Winter passs.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
RamJet said:
According to the print out of the vehicle order history my dealer gave me, I hit code 2300 a total of eight different times (5/5, 5/10, 6/8, 6/14, 6/17, 6/20, 7/1, 8/25) before finally going to 2500 Preferenced on 8/30.

So, unfortunately, I think SD is right, and it doesn't have any real significance. :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
Adrenaline said:
Ordered 4/27, I went 2500 on 8/9, 3000 on 8/31, 3100 on 9/28, 3400 on 10/5 still waiting to be built :(

You just went 3800 Adrenaline!!! Congratulations :party: :cheers:

Maybe you will get a few good days in yet this fall! :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Event Code #2030, is not a step of importance. It is a step were the order is "rededited", checked for buildability and additional items are added to the code of the plant.

The next important Event Code is #2500 which is preferenced of as we say around here "picked up". This is when the order is taken from the dealership order pool and brought into the GM/Pontiac order pool.

As far as when, your dealership and only them can tell you. They know where you stand in their priority listing, how many (if any) allocation slots are remining in their estimated first four month allocation. And later today, they could know their estimated second four month allocation numbers.

First allocation should cover "pick ups" through October '05 and build through November '05. Second allocation should be "pick ups" from November '05 to February '06 and builds from December '05 to March '06.
SD I was coded 3000 on 9/21 and noted another car that was coded 3000 9/28 and has already sequenced thru the build profile this week.....any clue as to why one would be picked up a week after another and be already built...while mine still sits at 3000?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would really like to know this answer to,SD, If you could help us out. I have been at 3000 since 8/16. Still as of this past Friday still as 3000. How can some of us be waiting so much longer in the pool, when others have only had their orders in recently?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts