Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excluding the first 1K group how long do you expect to wait on a Solstice? I am waiting for the blown car, but worry it will be very hard to buy one within a reasonable waiting period. I don't want to get on a waiting list until I decide on which Kappa I want and get to see one in person. As the Solstice seems to be the first with the upgraded powerplant and may be a bit less expensive than the Sky I may select it. I can't say for sure. My big issue is how much longer will we have to wait for this car? For those of you that plan to buy one (either blown or normally aspirated), how long do you expect to have to wait? I see more and more people that were "hopeful's" 18 months ago have to buy something else because they could not wait any longer. This car for me is a second vehicle so I can wait, but it would be nice to know how long. I think this car is going to be very popular so I expect that aspect to add to waiting time.

In any case how long do you expect to wait, and how long can you / will you wait?

·
Registered
162 Posts
The lease on my current vehicle expires on 7-31-05. I need a Solstice by 8-1-05 or I will lease a car until the Solstice arrives. I will wait for the Solstice. It may get expensive. I just read another thread that the GM credit card earnings can not be used for the Solstice.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
leolaw said:
I just read another thread that the GM credit card earnings can not be used for the Solstice.
The GM Card Earnings cannot be used for First 1000 EOP Solstices. But the last we heard was that GM card earnings can be used for regular allocation orders. The amount depends on the rules for whichever GM Card you have, but I believe it is a $1,000 max for the newer cards that come with unlimited annual earnings; and no max for the older cards that capped your earnings at $500 a year for seven years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When should the dealer know where my order stands?

Having missed the first 1000 and having put my deposit down in March, when should my dealer be able to tell me where I stand as far as the first allotment goes. Is that something GM has already informed the dealers about? I'm willing to wait , it would be a second car but not if the dealer is jerking me around as to whrere I stand on his list. Any thoughts would be helpfull

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
culcoinc said:
Having missed the first 1000 and having put my deposit down in March, when should my dealer be able to tell me where I stand as far as the first allotment goes. Is that something GM has already informed the dealers about? I'm willing to wait , it would be a second car but not if the dealer is jerking me around as to whrere I stand on his list. Any thoughts would be helpfull
At a minimum, your dealer should be able to tell you the following:

1 - How many cars are in his first four month allocation of regular production Solstices.
2 - Whether your order falls in this first four month allocation, and if so, what priority you have in his allocation orders.

If your dealer won't give you these two basic pieces of information, then he is likely jerking you around, and I would question whether your order has actually been placed.

Unless you are #1 in his first allocation of regular production, your order probably hasn't been pulled yet for producction scheduling, but knowing where you fall in that four month allocation should give you a general idea of when your car may be delivered (i.e. fall vs. winter).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts