1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hopefully 30 seconds after my order is placed. :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Unfortunately we have no clue. We've gone over this a couple times now, and there's really no real model we have available to coming up with a time frame. There's going to be a lot variables affecting this. It's mid day friday, the day AFTER the commerical airs, tax day, etc.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I'm changing my tune on this. Previously I thought they'd go a little slower but now I'm thinking momentum as built up pretty good and they'll be gone pretty quick.

Anyone notice more and more people lately with first post are saying hey I've put my deposit down, etc.

·
5,641 Posts
There is no poll choice for 2:01.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I really think that everyone on this site that really wants one of the first 1000 will get one! I dont think there will be a rush of people to the dealers at 2pm to get one on friday because most of the general public will see the show and the adds but they wont get there at 2 the day after just to get a car they just saw on tv the night before.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Not sure if I think this or I just hope. I say 2:15. It will not be as much fun to get one if they are still available on Saturday. Hell if that is the way it goes I may have to get two. Then the question is "Will there be enough hype after to make a hot market for them in the coming months?"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Three of 5 allocated deposited on

I visited the largest dealership in the area yesterday, I plopped a deposit of 500$. The dealer said they paid for but had not recieved a DVD or literature, but had received the promo banner, which was up in the showroom....(actual size of the car....very cool.)

As of yesterday at 2Pm he had three deposits for the new Solstice.

He informed me he was allocated 5 of the 1st 1000.

How fast will first 1000 will go? There seems to be a minimal amount of hype at dealerships in this area. Some dealerships are totally in the dark regarding the car. So unless this is true of just this area of the country, I'm guessing the marketing chain for the Solstice is a weak spot. The people who have done the research will want (and hopefuully get) one of the 1st 1000. To those who become aware on Thursday evening, I highly doubt people are going to buy from an offer on the Apprentice. (The possibles on the Apprentice this go-around are complete doughnut-heads anyway...who's watching? :yawn: )

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'd be surprised if they sell all 1000 within the first week. The Solstice is not a practical car. Most people are not looking at trading in their mini van, SUV or family cars for a Solstice. Those interested in buying one also know about the competition and will look at other cars before getting the Sol.

I think the real effect of the first 1000 program will be to create enough of a buzz to bring people in the dealerships for the next batch of Sols.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Biloxi1 said:
He informed me he was allocated 5 of the 1st 1000.
:brentil:
Grrr when will dealers stop spreading this type of missinformation.
Not angry with you Biloxi1, just your dealer.

Dealers can get at most 5, but are not garuanteed a single car of the first 1000. The first 1000 process is completely first come first serve across the nation. If those other 3 people get there before you then you're chances of getting one have become extremely small because they'll have to enter those 3 before they get to you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't think they will go all that quickly. The people who are willing to commit to a $20K to $25K expenditure without thinking it over for awhile let alone not getting to see or drive the vehicle first are...shall we say unusual ;) (I am one of the unusual bye the way).
The competition to obtain a first 1000 will come from those of us on this forumn and other nuts that are aware of the Sol from other sources. Most of them are likely GM employee's and therefore not elligible.
You are also asking people to watch a TV commercial on the Apprentice, go to a website, print an application, fill it out, take half the day off from work the next day, break the legs of the other guy trying to get into front door to take my Solstice from me :devil: . Anyway, I think we are the first day competition :skep:

·
Registered
753 Posts
of course, if the apprentice promotion were to give away a few solstice to the first orders in the system, it could get quite crowded at the dealership. Pontiac gave away a few hundred G6 on the Oprah show, and according to my dealer, they gave away 30 cars on the Regis and Kelly program.
a solstice giveaway is just a figment of my imagination, but it would be consistent with previous promotions... a big bang to kick off a new model.

·
Registered
178 Posts
bmwtourer said:
If they ain't all gone by next week, may be they will make them available to Canada!?
Salut Serge!

I wouldn't bet on seeing any of these first cars in Canada. From my correspondance with GM Canada directly, the first 1000 will definately not make it up north. From what GM has told me, it almost seems like cdn cars will arrie at the dealerships at around the same time as the first 1000 in the US. About 2 weeks ago, GM told me that cdn dealerships should begin to have cars in mid July.

·
Registered
178 Posts
cdb said:
of course, if the apprentice promotion were to give away a few solstice to the first orders in the system, it could get quite crowded at the dealership. Pontiac gave away a few hundred G6 on the Oprah show, and according to my dealer, they gave away 30 cars on the Regis and Kelly program.
a solstice giveaway is just a figment of my imagination, but it would be consistent with previous promotions... a big bang to kick off a new model.
Is it too late to get Oprah tickets? :lol:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'd be completely surprised if there are any left after 2:10.

·
Registered
17 Posts
has this website done a "who's going to buy one of the first 1000" poll. I believe the first 1000 will be gone in minutes. The idea of a limited production get one of the 1st 1000 that will be badge for your number, it says "collectors item" all over it. Some will buy this car, to turn around and make a profit i imagine. If we figure the amount that visit this site and others that want to buy the first - those that wish not to say that they are trying to buy one of the first, and those that don't even care to be online that are showing up at 2 friday..then in mind these 1000 will go quickly, but id say the next 19k of them will slow drastically through the year.
Also if they are making 20k a year of these, and its not coming out till this summer, how many are they actually making for 2005?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I think the limiting factor will be the speed of Pontiac's data entry/order process. I suspect it's not all that quick, so I think it will take about 20 to 30 minutes.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts