Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2.4L for around 3 weeks already got the GMPP intake installed not looking for major power I had a built mustang before now im just looking for a little zipping around lol. How loud will the Header make the car not looking for an annoying loud just a little sound and some power. If anyone has a good video or soundclip that would be great thanks

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
The header will not change the volume nearly as much as the exhaust and muffler, Just give Jeff at Solo Performance a call, he will get you what you need. Get a tune for your car from Trifecta or Westers garage, I had a a 2.4 before my GXP the tune really helped.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Headers don't change sound too much, basically just looks nice but with my high flow cat. it changed and is really loud, which I like personally. But just headers, stock cat and stock exhaust wouldn't change sound too much.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have Solo headers, Cat, the single exhaust and a CAI and it's a lot louder than stock. Nothing too crazy though only gets really loud when I drive hard. I don't think the headers on their own make much of a difference.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Will the Header from a Cobalt , or HHR Fit the 2.4 Sol? The few that I have found that say they will fit are EXPENSIVE. Stainless works is one of the few that make one for the sol.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have DDM's longtube header. It did make the car considerably louder. I had to weld in larger diameter resonators and a muffler from SOLO to quiet the exhaust back down.

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
I have a G.M. CAI and a Solo shorty with a Performance Works cat and magnaflow exhaust and love the sound its's pretty mello until you get on it .My advise to you would be to start with an aftermarket exhaust just putting a header on won't make much of a difference.Fluffy if you are looking for a header I will be selling mine soon as I'm putting a turbo on it and have to change the header .As I said earlier it's a Solo stainless that I had Jet Hot coated it has about 1000 miles on it ..As far as I know the Cobalt and HHR will not fit your better off getting one made for the car that way you know there are no issues.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Sting Ya, if it is fir a 2.4 and you have not sold it yet PM me, I am interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts