Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard a number of different figures about how many Solstices will be available in Alberta this first year, thought I would ask the forum members just to see how many have ordered and where they're from. It would be great to make contact with others in this area for information and encouragement. Who are you and where do you live? I'm from Strathmore.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Wayne
I am from Calgary. told mine should be in by the end of the month might even be this week. I bought mine from Mckay Pontiac
Aggressive :cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Calgary Sol

We only know of three in Calgary so far, I agree and would like to make contact with others in the area :thumbs:

·
Registered
329 Posts
In Alberta

I picked mine up on Nov 19. Cool 3292 loaded, everything possible for Canada.Still driving it till it snows.

·
Registered
126 Posts
who are the 3
Iam the red or aggressive
black was won in the Stars Lottery and thier was a silver at Stampede up for grabs to the highest bidder and now the blue so that makes 4 :yesnod: Almost one of every color.

·
Registered
245 Posts
hey albertans;

im in calgary. was told to expect my car next year. (spring/summer) good timing, but i ordered it may 4. and was told i would have it july/aug.

had i known that the car wasn't even in production yet, i may not have been so dissapointed now. anyway, i was out driving around tonight and i drove by the train yard and THERE IS ANOTHER SOLSTICE THERE!!!

a silver one with polished wheels. man i can't wait till i get mine... :( i'm definetly in for a meet though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Another Calgary order

Another Calgary order here. I ordered a black with black leather and all the options except chrome wheels and 6 disc CD. My order date was May 5, 2005.

I called my salesman, Lance Barnes at McKay Pontiac a couple weeks back, and he told me not to expect it until spring 2006. With Calgary now finally seeing winter, I am actually fine with this as I wouldn't be driving it anyway.

Jester316 ordered a day before me and doesn't have his car.

Big Guy - when did you order yours?

Redhot - did you get your car yet and when did you order?

·
Registered
126 Posts
To pj33
I ordered my car April 4 . I picked her up from Mackay Oct 21 2005. I drove it till Friday Nov 23 ,even had my roof down that day. She is now tucked away till spring when she will be ready to roll again. ;) It's a great car and can not wait till I can drive her again. Ateam ordered their's a day before me but did not get it till Nov 19 .

·
Registered
329 Posts
In Alberta

I ordered mine about April 19. Not sure exactly, but it was within a week of the Apprentice show.It has every option except xm radio and onstar that aren't available to us Canucks anyways.I even got an $800.00 call onstar discount.( that paid for the chrome wheels).

·
Registered
122 Posts
Its good to see that people actually seem to be getting their cars in the order that they were ordered. I noticed that up until a couple of weeks ago the Pontiac website (under the "Find your Solstice" page) always had 3 or 4 cars that would be coming to McKay Pontiac (presumably the ones that have now actually been delivered?). Now the website returns no hits, which makes me suspect that that there is truth to the rumour/statement that GM won't be allocating any more deliveries to the Great White North until Spring.

That's ok with me as long as I get my car no later than April!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just picked my unit up yesterday (Dec 21'st). Early christmas present, late car delivery!
I have one of the units that was placed on quality hold (early 2000's s/n)

I was told that only 16 were making it to Alberta. Not sure if that is true or not.

·
Registered
126 Posts
1/16 in Alberta said:
Just picked my unit up yesterday (Dec 21'st). Early christmas present, late car delivery!
I have one of the units that was placed on quality hold (early 2000's s/n)

I was told that only 16 were making it to Alberta. Not sure if that is true or not.
Who are you and where do you live? don't be shy:)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Calling Alberta

I am in Whitefish Montana and am looking for Canadian SOLs to caravan to the National Solstice meet in Kansas City on July 14th -16th 2006.
This should be a lot of fun I would like to get a bunch together for that run.
What do you think, eh?
By the way you have a forum member in Calgary, John Brydges.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lets Cancel Winter...Hoping for sunshine in February

Hi. Am from Calgary. Had a fabulous surprise in November when the Cash n Cars lottery called to give me the great news. Car is not here yet but the dealership (in Edmonton) says it should be arriving any day now. Watch for it in the color Red.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello!!!
We are in Calgary as well, good to hear from you! and congrats:party:
Let us know when you get your car, and mabey can meet up (once the roads clear:lol: )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts