Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer allowed me to place my order with a green and a two-tone leather interior, but then called me to tell me that it wasn't available so they chose an ebony interior and would change the order once the interior became available.

Provided they had made it available from the beginning, how many would have liked to order their cars with this combination?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows if GM will make the combination available at any time? Or is it a definite no, because that would be extremely STUPID on their part. The green/tan combination is available on many of the competition vehicles, so why not this one?

Mazda Miata
BMW Z4
Toyota MR2
Ford Mustang
Audi TT
Porsche Boxster

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
We are hoping this is changing. Pontiac.com has the 2 tone combo for red/green but dealer systems have not been updated yet. We still don't know which system is right.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I'd certainly take the two tone with the red if it becomes available! I am not crazy about having a dark interior in a convertable.

·
Registered
146 Posts
actual color

?--- maybe there is a reason why they aren't offering it... too many colors/color clashes. If you look at the recent pics, and if this is the final color of the tone, it looks like there are a lot of different colors/shades going on, maybe too many... the gear shift boot, carpet, add the two tone leather and then the new knobs( :( ) ... exterior color with the ebony only top and..... have to wonder if maybe they know what they're doing by not offering it at this point (?) not sure. I can't wait to see what two tone colors actually look like!

I think it was a mistake to not have actual color sample for us before we ordered. That may have changed a lot of things. Once again, it doesn't look like you can make a mistake- from what we've seen they're working on the fit problems- but they're all really sharp!

·
Registered
305 Posts
My wife really likes the red, but I want the 2 tone interior.

So Sly it is and being one of the first 1000 I am not changing
it, I would prefer a candy apple red anyway.

This red is briter than I like.

But both green or red would look nice in the 2 tone interior,
but thsi could be GM's way to sell X number of the ebony interior.

:cool:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Amen On The Red With Tan Interior

Just who was a lame-brain designer who opted to NOT allow a red convertable with tan interior? Red is a natural with tan leather. I really wanted that combo, but in Arizona you do not put black leather in a convertable if you plan on sitting on the seats in July! I had to opt for the Cool and tan leather. It is nice, but not as sexy as the red. And, the Green with tan would be perfect for climates that do not have quite the solar index that we have. Maybe Pontiac will wise up on this little issue.

·
Registered
535 Posts
hojopa said:
?--- maybe there is a reason why they aren't offering it... too many colors/color clashes. If you look at the recent pics, and if this is the final color of the tone, it looks like there are a lot of different colors/shades going on, maybe too many... the gear shift boot, carpet, add the two tone leather and then the new knobs( :( ) ... exterior color with the ebony only top and..... have to wonder if maybe they know what they're doing by not offering it at this point (?) not sure. I can't wait to see what two tone colors actually look like!

I think it was a mistake to not have actual color sample for us before we ordered. That may have changed a lot of things. Once again, it doesn't look like you can make a mistake- from what we've seen they're working on the fit problems- but they're all really sharp!
Well that's part of what drives people nuts. Unless there is a technical issue to it, who cares if someone wants green leather on a red car? They are paying for it. If it is available let them have it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
sight unseen

Darkhamr said:
Well that's part of what drives people nuts. Unless there is a technical issue to it, who cares if someone wants green leather on a red car? They are paying for it. If it is available let them have it.
:agree:

True. I am just trying to figure a reason why they didn't let it up to us. Any combo goes....

There are a few houses in this town that are real head turners (pink/aqua-2 stories of it) but to each his own. Makes life interesting. My point-I think if we had actual samples - it would have been a great help. Did they, or do they have the finial product? Is it blue or grey with tan or an orangish color. If you've seen the online pics, DVD and brochure pics you know what I am saying.

Maybe it has something to do with the actual production of the car and we'll see more options soon. I would have loved a nice bone/beige interior leather. Looks great with, red, green black + Would of been my
choice :willy:

·
Premium Member
10,407 Posts
Sorry, but it has nothing to do with the production of the car, these cars are identical inside an out, execpt for color choices.
So if a PAYING customer wants the Steel/Sand combination there is absolutly NO reason (Technically) not to let the paying customer get this combination. I agree with you, and I was the person that suggested to GM/Pontiac to send swatches to their dealers, so we can make an inform decision with respect to the interior colors. They know pictures and computer displays do NOT give a true representation of the actual color, to many variants, so the ONLY way to make sure, is for the customer(US) to have the avility to look at a swatch, period.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I agree with the idea of being able to pick any color interior with any exterior. I changed my choice of Green to Blue because of the lack of a two-tone interior on the Green. If the two-tone is finally made available on the Green, I may even change back if it's not too late. I used to work with my Dad who was the foreman of the body shop for our local Buick/Pontiac dealership. We had an older couple who ordered a Pontial with a lilac exterior and a green interior. It sounds horrible, but it was actually a good combination, just not one I would have picked. To each his own, let everyone pick whatever color they want.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered a red exterior Solstice and I wanted a two-tone interior just because I thought it added some additional design appreciation to the interior. If the black would be a tone-on-tone in different shades then that would be fine, too. I'll take whtever I can get as delivery gets closer.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
My order has been "placed" (not really in the GM system) in Autobook with Deep and Steel/Tan simply because Envious is not available. I stopped by my dealer today to check in and make sure they noted I still want Green as 1st choice with two tone... otherwise I'm going to Deep.

·
Registered
138 Posts
This is nuts, and dumb marketing to boot!

This reminds me a place I like to eat lunch. They have a really big glass that is only available if you drink beer. Since I like iced tea and lemonaide in a big glass, I asked them to put it in one of the big beer glasses and they said they could not do that! Incredible. If you are willing to pay the price for it, and it become yours, what does it matter to them. It seems we are moving closer to 1984 in 2005! :leaving:

·
Registered
177 Posts
THE ANSWER IS YES, I Would... and please, if anyone finds its...

updated to include the steel/sand w/ envious/aggressive... Let Us Know & Thank you. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Yes, I want green with two tone. Can't believe we can't have it. Almost switched to the MX-5 because of this dumb (but typical) GM decision. Came to the conclusion that the form matters more than the colors. I now have green with the ebony ordered, but would switch if it ever becomes available. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am not getting Aggressive or Envious, so I guess I don't count, but I would never consider getting red or green if the two tone (or a tan) interior weren't offered.

I am getting Deep/Steel-Sand, but Envious would be my second choice after seeing the car show pics...but it would be a deal breaker with the Ebony interior.

To each his own, though. That's what's so funny...everyone perceives beauty differently. For example, I don't know if I would ever really buy a red car (not even a Ferrari). Not that I think red is ugly (I'll leave that for white or silver), but just doesn't "call out" to me. And yet I know people who would never consider a sports car if it wasn't red. One of my favorite expressions is "everyone is entitled to their own opinion...as long as it's mine." ;) Of course, I guess choice is a great thing because if everyone was driving a Deep/Steel-Sand Solstice then mine wouldn't be nearly as special!

·
Registered
767 Posts
I have ordered Cool with the steel-sand leather, but if I could get the steel-sand in RED I would definitely switch. I can't imagine how hot black leather would be in a roadster. My 76 MGB had black seats, but the centers were cloth, with vinyl trim. It was still hot, but at least most of the seating surface was cloth.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts