Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was looking for a Solstice I had a subscription to one of the many VIN Services.

With that service I could also check how many cars of a certain make and model where registered in a certain area.

My subscription has expired, but I am wondering if it would be possible to find out how many Sols are still registered in the US ?

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Total production from 2006 to 2010 was 100139 cars this is not counting the 7519 Opel GT's so is it safe to assume roughly 80% are still on the road or a little over 80000 cars?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
Total production from 2006 to 2010 was 100139 cars this is not counting the 7519 Opel GT's so is it safe to assume roughly 80% are still on the road or a little over 80000 cars?
The 100139 number is Solstices and Skys.

Where did you get the 80% number from?

:dunno:

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Something tells me based on the recall ignition letters being sent out (even the years not affected) GM knows the exact number of Sols/SKYs that are left.

Care to share GMCustomerSVC? :devil:

·
Registered
333 Posts
The answer is always two.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
The 100139 number is Solstices and Skys.

Where did you get the 80% number from?

:dunno:

Nothing scientific just my estimate I base that on the fact that the cars are fairly new they appeal to a limited amount of people (2 seat sports cars ) the ones in the northern climates are not driven in bad weather and the ones in the warm climates are for the most part not a primary means of transportation so most people that own them tend to take a little better car of them

·
Registered
433 Posts
Something tells me based on the recall ignition letters being sent out (even the years not affected) GM knows the exact number of Sols/SKYs that are left.

Care to share GMCustomerSVC? :devil:
Hey ChopTop,

We can understand how the recent ignition recall might lead to some additional questions. If you'd like to send us your VIN, we can try to help with addressing any concerns that you have.

Thanks!

Amber N.
GM Customer Care

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts