Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am designing a car showroom for a client of mine who sell GM vehicles. I was to meet him early this morning at one of his used car lots. The lot was blocked off so I backed into his entrance drive. My car was facing out and was in line with some of their used cars. A car pulled up and parked along the berm of the road. A guy got out and walked up to me and said "How much for the Solstice?" I explained to him that I didn't work for the dealership and that the car was mine. He looked back at me and said "How much for YOUR Solstice?" I didn't give him a number, but I think I could have sold my car to him on the spot. :lol: It's great driving a car that gets so much attention.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
I am designing a car showroom for a client of mine who sell GM vehicles. I was to meet him early this morning at one of his used car lots. The lot was blocked off so I backed into his entrance drive. My car was facing out and was in line with some of their used cars. A car pulled up and parked along the berm of the road. A guy got out and walked up to me and said "How much for the Solstice?" I explained to him that I didn't work for the dealership and that the car was mine. He looked back at me and said "How much for YOUR Solstice?" I didn't give him a number, but I think I could have sold my car to him on the spot. :lol: It's great driving a car that gets so much attention.
Should of said 45,000.00 if he said ok, I would of let him have it. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't sell it for 30,000.00 but 45,000.00 would be a different story no matter how much I Love the car.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was offered 6k more than I paid for mine before it even left the lot. I man had gone in to the dealer saw my car and told the delaer he would give him 40k on the spot. But Mike said he would pass the offer on to me. I do not think so, after waiting 9 mths for my baby. If I would have been smart I should have ordered 2 at the time and sold the other one. :lol:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
$40,000 and it's Sold!.........

Ok, I've only been waiting 4 months and my Solstice is expected within a few weeks. But, if I was offered $40,000, it's bye bye to the Solstice and hello Lotus Elise (year end deals on the Elise $42,000)! Even at $40,000 you could pocket $12,000 and put $28,000 towards another Solstice. Just have to get in the back of the line.... :lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
ntouched said:
Ok, I've only been waiting 4 months and my Solstice is expected within a few weeks. But, if I was offered $40,000, it's bye bye to the Solstice and hello Lotus Elise (year end deals on the Elise $42,000)! Even at $40,000 you could pocket $12,000 and put $28,000 towards another Solstice. Just have to get in the back of the line.... :lol:
Do not forget I am talking Canadian dollars. My solstice cost me with upgrades and taxes about 34K so I would have only been making an extra 6k
Yeah it would have nice if it was 12k

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
That ever happen in the Miata??????

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
ntouched said:
I suppose I'm a fool (and many would agree to that!), but I wouldn't sell. I want the car and the pleasure of driving it. Life is too short to pass up the things you want out of it for mere money!

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
denette,
You're right, that never happened in my old Miata! :lol:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
I asked this really pretty girl if she would (you know what) with me for $1,000,000. She thought I looked pretty rich and believed me and said ok.

I said: How about for $25? She said: No, what kind of girl do you think I am?

I said: We already determined that. We're just haggling over the price now.

Make me an offer I can't refuse, I'm that kind of guy.

·
Registered
711 Posts
For $40K you can pick up another Solstice down the road and then have Malett shoe-horn an LS2 under the hood. :cool:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would have to give it up for that..Especially since 12K is the exact amount of credit card debt I have, and I don't really even know how to drive a stick. Also, my husband will probably knock me up pretty soon here, and we would have to trade it in for a Torrent anyway.. :)

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
That was funny, Bri. :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
That was funny, Bri. :)

Dori's not the only funny mo-fo in this place!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
BriBoop said:
Dori's not the only funny mo-fo in this place!
Don't say you might get knocked up! That's not very lady-like. Hopefully you mean you're planning to have children, otherwise you should take preventative measures to keep from getting knocked up. Accidental babies are no fun, but then again... you could always put the baby in that BACK SEAT the visor warning talks about!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
dori-san: GOOD CATCH, dude! :grouphug: I had to run out there and check mine too!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
dori-san said:
Don't say you might get knocked up! That's not very lady-like. Hopefully you mean you're planning to have children, otherwise you should take preventative measures to keep from getting knocked up. Accidental babies are no fun, but then again... you could always put the baby in that BACK SEAT the visor warning talks about!
Kids in the backseat cause accidents.
Accidents in the backseat cause kids.

Well, there will be no babies or accidents in MY Solstice (by design).

1 - 20 of 47 Posts