Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i expected the solstice to become available to order after the detroit show. well, the detroit show is here,and we have heard some info about options but it is still not available to order- no brochures, no MSRP or invoice etc.
when do you think gm will be officially taking orders for the solstice?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
cdb said:
i expected the solstice to become available to order after the detroit show. well, the detroit show is here,and we have heard some info about options but it is still not available to order- no brochures, no MSRP or invoice etc.
when do you think gm will be officially taking orders for the solstice?
Well the Detroit show is here for the press, but the show for the average Joe doesn't open till the 15th. I don't expect any real ability to place orders or more real options till after the official show is over.

·
Registered
182 Posts
we don't even have an official release date yet, much less an official order list. I know some dealers are taking orders now so you could possibly put money down now if you really want to. On a side note how early does GM usually release these details?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
GM was very late in releasing ordering details on the Corvette. From what I can remember, Corvette dealers could not place orders with GM Corporate until only a couple months before deliveries started. It was late in the game at any rate. Also, GM is likely not to have final ordering details available until close to then. On the Corvette, the final details were out a little before orders were accepted, days, maybe a couple weeks, enough time for dealers to get the orders ready to submit.

I also do not know if these timeframes change from model to model. Hopefully we get some more info soon!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I think they did something different with GTO for ordering process. Nor sure if that was because they were coming from overseas or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts