Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi World! I ordered mine: Mysterious/Ebony leather. YEEEESSSS!!! :willy: Anybody heard how noisey it will be going thru the gears??? GOTTA HAVE a little noise!

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Top Down Decibels

It may have been published somewhere but I'd be interested in knowing if there's any sound level information for 70 mph with the top down.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If it's anyhitng like the Sky on stage, and Sky commercial we've heard it's really nice.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
If it's anyhitng like the Sky on stage, and Sky commercial we've heard it's really nice.
I agree, those sound clips sounded good! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
England test mule articles last year mentioned an "aggressive exhaust note".

·
Registered
118 Posts
mceb said:
England test mule articles last year mentioned an "aggressive exhaust note".

Might the "cat-back" make that even more aggressive? :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Skidpad said:
Hopefully dual aggressive too. :D

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Skidpad said:
I guess Cat-back goes beyond agreesive into just plain loud ;)

·
Registered
462 Posts
I put the Borla Cat Back Exhaust on my ram-air (firebird) and It was AWSOME sounding.
However, that was a 5.7L V8.
I don't think I'd like the sound coming from a 4Cylinder.... Just my opinion. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
As long as it's not as agressive as the official Lotus Elise "track only" Stage III exhuast. It only makes, ohhh, about 105 db. Your neighbors would shoot you if you drove around town with that thing on the car.

But if it kept the current sound, current HP, and just added the 2nd port and replaced the lower plastic thing I'd be happy. However if it added HP, agressive sound, and agressive looks I'd be in heaven. My ZX2 S/R came stock with the a Borla cat-back and Iceman intake which helped increase the stock HP/Torque over the normal ZX2 from 130HP to 143HP. Hmmmm an extra 13HP would give us 190HP, now that would be nirvana. :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
Rex said:
Hi World! I ordered mine: Mysterious/Ebony leather. YEEEESSSS!!! :willy: Anybody heard how noisey it will be going thru the gears??? GOTTA HAVE a little noise!
The motortrend test ride writeup said something like it had a nice throaty
sound at 4000 RPM. :cool:

·
Registered
263 Posts
mcbman said:
I put the Borla Cat Back Exhaust on my ram-air (firebird) and It was AWSOME sounding.
However, that was a 5.7L V8.
I don't think I'd like the sound coming from a 4Cylinder.... Just my opinion. ;)
Oh you need to go to an SCCA race or NASA Honda Challenge and listen to those 4 cylinders. The sound is pure excitement! V8 are very loud, but the straight 4's sound just as sweet!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
brentil said:
As long as it's not as agressive as the official Lotus Elise "track only" Stage III exhuast. It only makes, ohhh, about 105 db. Your neighbors would shoot you if you drove around town with that thing on the car.

But if it kept the current sound, current HP, and just added the 2nd port and replaced the lower plastic thing I'd be happy. However if it added HP, agressive sound, and agressive looks I'd be in heaven. My ZX2 S/R came stock with the a Borla cat-back and Iceman intake which helped increase the stock HP/Torque over the normal ZX2 from 130HP to 143HP. Hmmmm an extra 13HP would give us 190HP, now that would be nirvana. :D
Look for replacement front and rear covers by the end of the year. There will be a couple of vendors making them for the Solstice and Sky. Dual exhaust outlets will be number priority with these companies.

The rear piece will be easy to replace as it's not painted car color, and bolts to the rear bumper cover. I'll be checking Skunk2 and Greddy websites for info on new dual outlet muffler.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I put a replacement intake system with a K&N air filter on my Miata and the sound is fantastic. The car is quiet until you put your foot down. The sound is like a very deep growl coming from the front end. I'm hoping I can find a similar intake for my Solstice. The intake not only gave me the sound I wanted, but also incresed my gas mileage and more power at lower rpm. Miatas have a lot of after market add-ons available for them. I hope the Solstice will follow suit with after market products so I can "customize" my Sol to my particular tastes.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm just hoping to still have my hearing by the time I get the car!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts