Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was not a Solstice but it's still something that we should all be aware of.

I was at home depot yesterday and on my way back to my car I hear tires screeching. It had been raining all day and I look over to see whats up. I guy in a pickup has a chain hooked up to a Nissan SUV and he's trying to put it on a tow dolly. he tries a few times and the SUV never makes it up the ramps. By now, several people are watching and they have some guy blocked in so the dude punches it. this time he gets more of a rolling start and really has it going good then all you hear is a BANG! he jumps it off the other end. Now the dolly is in the middle of the SUV instead of under the front wheels and the front bunper is resting against the crank on the lift. the left front tire is a couple inches off the ground. Not sure how they are going to get it off of there. need a crane or a forklift or something. I left and headed home but remembered I forgot something so I came back and decided to take a few photo's. The guy in the truck was gone but the other dude was standing around.

Had this been someone in a solstice, I'm sure the damage would have been waaay worse.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Rofl. I bet that guy wasn't happy to see the crowd taking pictures!

I've seen a car do the same thing with a curb in a parking lot. It was an old lady and she thought she had it in reverse I guess, but she lurched forward and high-centered the vehicle on the little raised area between parking rows.

The good news (for her and this guy) is that any tow truck with a boom winch can rescue it. But that won't do anything to hide the shame.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Had this happen with my old Cobalt ss/sc. Lucky for me the motor was out and three of us just lifted the car back on the dolly by hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.