Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just occurred to me that in a few months, we're all going to be looking back on ourselves at this point in time. We're all chomping at the bit for any pictures we can get of the cupholders, or video footage of the car in motion from TV shows.

To about half of the forum (myself included) a photo of the car with the top up would make our day, and allow us to sleep at night.

If this doesn't say something about how much this car is anticipated, I don't know what does.

Now bring on the official info about options and pics of the top and trunk. I need some sleep! :yawn:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Anticipation of a new model is part of the fun derived from the car hobby. I wouldn't label it as pathethic unless the sleep you loose over it is related to stress instead of excitement.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Who said waiting was fun! This is really getting to be too little info and too long of a wait. Bring on the pics with the top up!!!!! :yawn:

·
5,600 Posts
2KWK4U said:
To about half of the forum (myself included) a photo of the car with the top up would make our day, and allow us to sleep at night.
This says more about us than anything else. :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
We're all just overly excited. I think a lot of us feel extremely frustrated with GM too about all of this. If you look at pretty much any other car this close to production by now you would have lots of footage and iamges of top operation, and a lot more finalised information (besides the NC of course, damn Mazda and their ninja smoke screen). However as we've all pondered, we're guessing there's more then likely some issue somewhere holding this all up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
brentil said:
We're all just overly excited. I think a lot of us feel extremely frustrated with GM too about all of this. If you look at pretty much any other car this close to production by now you would have lots of footage and iamges of top operation, and a lot more finalised information (besides the NC of course, damn Mazda and their ninja smoke screen). However as we've all pondered, we're guessing there's more then likely some issue somewhere holding this all up.
Ha ha, ninja smoke screens. :lol: They get ya every time.

Any photoshop gurus that can transplant the top-up Solstice roof onto a Sky pic for us? Yeah, I realize I'm just promoting what this thread was accusing us of, but hey - if GM won't give us info then we'll *make* our own info! :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
My worst fear about the top is when they get to the dealer showrooms, they tell you, 'Oh no, you'll have to check out the operation of the top when you get the car home...' ;)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Audio Imagez said:
Was anyone else impressed by the cupholders? To be honest, they just piss me off when I look at them.
Why are you pissed off by the cup holders?

I think they did a great job of hiding them so they don't destroy the lines and style of the car, while at the same time offering cup holders for those who really want them. If you don't want them they're probably very easy to rip out and replace with a cover too.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
:agree: I hoping that the rumer of one that pops out from the passenger side of the transmission tunnel is true. That one (if true) would be in just the right location. Hopefully, as is the popular overkill in the "cup holder wars", there are three cup holders in a car that only seats two.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Audio Imagez said:
I wouldn't mind them if I didnt have to turn completely sideways just to take a sip. And with my long ass arms, I know my elbows would hit them all the time. The placing is just retarded IMO.

you yanks and your obsession with cupholders! :willy:

bottled water is your solution. self contained - doens't need to be upright - healthy. :cool:

if you want retarded design, look at an Audi interior. cupholder suspending your drink right in front of your radio head unit. silly germans.

kris

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
waiting said:
In my Olds Intrigue, if you put a bottle of water in the front cupholder you cannot shift back into Park. Nice! :banghead:
That's exactly why I love the placement of the Solstice/Sky cup holders. You're driving a roadster, your primary goal is not about getting a sip from a drink. I personally try to never drink while actually driving, however I want to be able to bring one with me for when I'm stopped or for where I'm going. These cup holders put the drinks completely out of the way of the shifter. Which is a great idea. I've hit my drink cups and other peoples drink cups way to often while shifting in my ZX2.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
My favorite ones are the cupholders on the BMW Z4 - ratchety, hideaway kool little techno things... one on each side, outboard of the C/L of the occupant.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
brentil said:
Thanks for cluing me in. I don't check this forum everyday anymore. To be honest, my interest in the Solstice is sort of wanning right now. Anyhow, those cup holders are ok, not ideal, but ok. I was really hoping for the tranny tunnel idea, but it seems unlikely now. Those waterfall ones look like the final say, and I find it unlikely that they would bother with four cupholders. At least it has cupholders. There for awhile I thought there would be another strike against the Solstice.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts