Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You don't happen to have a father that's a pilot by chance....do you? The reason I asked was my father's cousin was just here and he's a pilot and said his daughter, who is a flight attendant was looking for a sporty car. And he happened to see mine because it's kept in my parent's garage over the winter and thought it would make a great car for his daughter.

Are they less reliable then any other car? No. Are they more expensive to repair? Sometimes. There are very specific procedures for several different repairs and if not followed, will cost a lot more money to fix....WP being one of those repairs. Lifting the car on a hoist incorrectly is another. All in all, they really aren't that much more expensive or troublesome then any other used vehicle out there.

I think you'd be okay with a Solstice. They really aren't that expensive to own...if you get one that hasn't been beat on....but that's true of any car. We're all here if you have any questions or need any help.
My father is indeed a pilot. I’m not sure if I’m the same person though or if it’s just a hell of a coincidence. If she has a Saab, that’ll answer your question.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Are you mixing up the Driver Information Center (DIC) and the Diagnostic Link Connector (DLC)?

The DIC is the display screen in the instrument cluster that can be scrolled through odometer, trip miles, fuel range, engine temperature, etc but as far as I know cannot be used to read any engine codes.
The DLC is the connector that any car built after 1996 has below or somewhere near the steering column that is used to read vehicle systems data with an OBDII diagnostic scanner.
Yes, for some reason I mixed up the OBD port w/the different warning icons that light up indicating there may be an issue w/the battery, airbag, ignition lock, oil, temp, etc). I'll clarify that point in my thread.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Welcome o the forum & i can't add much more as the above forum members have done a very good job. Let us know what solstice you get & how you like the ride..

·
Registered
782 Posts
Been driving my GXP for 13 years last week. Daily driver. Only issues have been to replace rear differential under warranty 6 months after purchase, replace water pump and replace battery at 11 years. That's it. It gets driven every day. 130,000 miles. Looks mint. Garage kept. Top down 90% of the time.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts