Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
We did the dremel thing when we installed the head unit in my car. Yeah not a lot of room otherwise.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yea you are correct about that but I got all my parts installed without too much trouble.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Question- I see no mention of what to do with the A/C controls, flasher buttons, and other buttons. The aren't there in the picture that shows the boomerang off, and they don't appear to be attached to the boomerang either.
Did you pull those off before removing the boomerang, or what did I miss?

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
Question- I see no mention of what to do with the A/C controls, flasher buttons, and other buttons. The aren't there in the picture that shows the boomerang off, and they don't appear to be attached to the boomerang either.
Did you pull those off before removing the boomerang, or what did I miss?
Really? Did you READ the first post?

They stay attached. Just unplug their cables.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've been looking for a procedure on how to remove the dash trim to access the radio but the pictures are not showing for me. I guess the link to them has changed??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Seems a lot of the information in the thread has timed out...sucks for me that i'm just now getting into making some changes to my car...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Does any body have some installation pictures for the removal/install? I am looking to switch out my stock stereo with a DIN2, none of the old pics here are active?

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Thanks for taking the time out AztekzRpurty to detail your install & good to hear you did it yourself. I had mine done in a shop & lost the Onstar & then had to take it to another shop to get XM. It sure is a lot different today than when i used to through 8 track decks in.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,344 Posts
Thanks for taking the time out AztekzRpurty to detail your install & good to hear you did it yourself. I had mine done in a shop & lost the Onstar & then had to take it to another shop to get XM. It sure is a lot different today than when i used to through 8 track decks in.
This is and old, old early 2006 thread. Hal hasn't been on this board since: "Last Activity: 06-09-2016 03:48 PM" almost 3 years ago.

Just a FWIW.

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
When you purchase a headunit from Crutchfield they send you detailed instructions including pictures. I recommend ordering from there.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts