Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an answer that explains if the Fog Lights can be aimed higher or lower? I can not find any screw mechanism that allows this on my 2009 Coupes.

I would appreciate any guidance.

Dennis F.

·
Super Moderator
7,632 Posts
As far as I know, the fog lights are not adjustable.

·
Super Moderator
16,421 Posts
As stated there is no adjustment so you would need toshim the assembly or refonfihure the fog lamp socket. Do you have an issue with them? You could mount supplementary lights behind the grille

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
As stated there is no adjustment so you would need toshim the assembly or refonfihure the fog lamp socket. Do you have an issue with them? You could mount supplementary lights behind the grille
OKAY! I figured out toshim but you lost me on refonfihure. ;)

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
The fog lamps ARE adjustable -- at least the reflector has pivot points inside the black housing. As I recall though, there is no screw, so it's probably just a case of grabbing the back of the fog light socket and manually moving it up and down (there is a rubber backing seal that will allow some vertical movement).

Update: Here is an old pic of when I modded mine... you can see the reflector removed from the housing and the pivots on the sides (they just clip in):
Update2: As I look at this pic, it seems that the IS a screw adjuster, accessible from the bottom. On the left of the bulb access hole as you look at this pic:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The fog lamps ARE adjustable -- at least the reflector has pivot points inside the black housing. As I recall though, there is no screw, so it's probably just a case of grabbing the back of the fog light socket and manually moving it up and down (there is a rubber backing seal that will allow some vertical movement).

Update: Here is an old pic of when I modded mine... you can see the reflector removed from the housing and the pivots on the sides (they just clip in):
Update2: As I look at this pic, it seems that the IS a screw adjuster, accessible from the bottom. On the left of the bulb access hole as you look at this pic:

View attachment 109815

View attachment 109815
Hello: Thanks for the photo. I'll look for the screw on mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Rob: My fog lights are much too low to be of any use as is. I will try the shim idea if I can't find that screw as pictured by "Tomato"

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Hi Rob: My fog lights are much too low to be of any use as is. I will try the shim idea if I can't find that screw as pictured by "Tomato"
You won't be able to shim it enough to be worth anything. Not if you still want the grill to fit over it.

Here's another photo of the passenger fog cluster (post mod - hence the different wiring). You can see the adjuster screw is on the inside bottom of both sides - just a phillips head screw...

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You won't be able to shim it enough to be worth anything. Not if you still want the grill to fit over it.

Here's another photo of the passenger fog cluster (post mod - hence the different wiring). You can see the adjuster screw is on the inside bottom of both sides - just a phillips head screw...
Hello Tomato Soup. Great Pictures, that helps a lot ! Dennis F

1 - 12 of 12 Posts