185 Posts
Thanks for this one Deepbluegxp!!!

I will be doing this mod!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
No problem.

Two for the DeepBlueGXP turn signal mod
Joe, if you don't already have one you are going to have to set up a Paypal account :)

Do you need any jingle to cover the cost of ordering?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I went on a mission today to find the relays, I hit 3 auto parts stores and a Radio Shack, all had horn relays none had the right horn relays. I guess I will have to be patient and order on line. Thanks DBG!

Update, if you order 6 from Parts Express the shipping is the same as if you order 2 ($3.70), at $1.99 each order some for your friends. Shipping goes up to $6.90 when you order 8.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
One more question-did you look at swapping the mini wedge bulb & socket to accommodate the turn signal 3157 bulb?
Not needed, that type of mod would require an additional wire added to the circuit and the connector would have to change to allow for the extra contact needed for the blinker. The relay was the simplest way to do this.

I checked Advance Auto parts and they only had a normally open relay with only a #87 on the side label, no 87a. That relay will not work.

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
Not needed, that type of mod would require an additional wire added to the circuit and the connector would have to change to allow for the extra contact needed for the blinker. The relay was the simplest way to do this.

I checked Advance Auto parts and they only had a normally open relay with only a #87 on the side label, no 87a. That relay will not work.
Yep, that's all that I found locally, but my supply of proper relays arrived yesterday, and the rest of the paraphenalia arrives today, so I may just get my butt out there after work and get 'er done :D

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I am hoping mine show up today, I will be out there with you and we can "flash together"

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I ordered enough for 10 cars, parts arrive tomorrow. we can all flash in tandem, make sure there are no police around ;)

·
Banned
8,656 Posts
Way to go, DeepblueGXP. An awesome mod!

I've always wanted to change out the assembly with a clear lens and make it a turning lamp. In other words, when the turn signal is activated, a non-flashing light on that side lights up enough to cast a strong light to that side. I've always had a fear of hitting a person, animal, or object that I couldn't see in the darkness.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I'm flashing I'm flashing. thanks so much DBG, the instructions are dead on! Very nice mod!

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
I'm flashing I'm flashing. thanks so much DBG, the instructions are dead on! Very nice mod!
Well I reckon I need to get mine done, have my own 'kit' ready to install, just have to find 10 miutes to get 'er done!!

EDIT: I'm with L'G, I'm flashing I'm flashing!!!

:dthumbs: to DBG!!!

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
Close your eyes cause I am FLASHING.

Deep is da man
Ya know, if I'd a known you was a FLASHER, I'd a never let you sit next to me at Mecca :glol:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did mine today.............with the Wind Restrictor.............looks rocking. Thx Deep.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I did several at the SouthEastern Meet and I looked at Thundersky's car, Good News, the Sky's wiring is the same.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Ordered my relays today, hope to install Thursday night!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
People were flashing at the meet and I missed it, story of my life! I still flash alone.

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
Join the club, I only flash alone :devil:

21 - 40 of 160 Posts