Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 100 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Is there anyway to make the lights blink in sync? so all four initially flash at the same time if you have your hazards on, and side and front flash when you have you turns on?
awesome mod btw :)

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Is there anyway to make the lights blink in sync? so all four initially flash at the same time if you have your hazards on, and side and front flash when you have you turns on?
awesome mod btw :)
If you do the mod, then all 4 will flash at the same time as long as the parking lights are not on.

·
Registered
165 Posts
well I guess i kinda understand about the hazards but my main question was about having the turn side markers and turn foglamps in sync. the vids that i have seen on this post are first side marker flashes and then foglamp flashes. i was wondering if you can make the side marker and foglamp turn flash at the same time. ?

·
Registered
303 Posts
well I guess i kinda understand about the hazards but my main question was about having the turn side markers and turn foglamps in sync. the vids that i have seen on this post are first side marker flashes and then foglamp flashes. i was wondering if you can make the side marker and foglamp turn flash at the same time. ?
This would be the simplest way, but you'll run into voltage problems and it might dim your lights

otherwise you could get a normally open relay with four terminals and hook it up so that when the fog lamp is on (has power/current) it keeps the relay closed (side marker is on) and when the fog lamp blinks (turns off) it will open the circuit and turn off the side marker. :)

The only problem with the second suggestion is that the side markers will only work when the fog lamps are on

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
This would be the simplest way, but you'll run into voltage problems and it might dim your lights

otherwise you could get a normally open relay with four terminals and hook it up so that when the fog lamp is on (has power/current) it keeps the relay closed (side marker is on) and when the fog lamp blinks (turns off) it will open the circuit and turn off the side marker. :)

The only problem with the second suggestion is that the side markers will only work when the fog lamps are on
hmm. anyone willing to try this and post a vid?? :D i dont have my car, as of now its being upgraded :)
There won't be much to see except a blown fuse :lol:

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #91

Actually, I was wrong about the blown fuse :lol:, I looked at the modified drawing and all that will do is provide turn signals to the side marker. That is what the blue wire is. You would loose the parking light feature.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Actually, I was wrong about the blown fuse :lol:, I looked at the modified drawing and all that will do is provide turn signals to the side marker. That is what the blue wire is. You would loose the parking light feature.
So....... would i not lose the parking break feature if i did it with the relays? or is just there no way to do this?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks!!

Blue, thanks for the free mod version...very cool. After the mod, my lights act as follows.

1. Ignition off (no key) & Hazards = Side markers and Front blinkers in sync

2. Ingition on & Hazards = Alternating blinking from side and front

3. Ignition on and turning the headlamps off & hazards on = front and side in sync

4. Ignition on and either the auto, headlights or parking lights on = front and side alternating

In short if you want to drive around with alternating lamps when signaling, keep your auto lights/parking lights/headlights on. If you want to have them blink at the same time when signaling, rotate your headlamp switch to off (spring loaded towards you) and they both blink at the same time while your are driving around. Hope this clears up what they do. Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
So....... would i not lose the parking break feature if i did it with the relays? or is just there no way to do this?
Basically, with your drawing, you would only have use of the side marker as a blinker. You would be able to use LEDs in my relay method or your turn signal only method. My relay method, you will still have the parking lights.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I did mine this mornin....i luv it

took sum pics
....Before

....After

....click
to see a vid of the lights working

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Did the cheap version this afternoon. POC. I did the jump across right at the harness split to the side marker and foglamp/blinker assm. Once everything was tucked back into place and taped up, NO BODY will know the difference. Forty five minutes. Looks cool.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
? dor Deep------- Are the wires in the harness the same Color on botb sides?? its Monday Night and its pose to Snow a Little tring to get this done

81 - 100 of 160 Posts