Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that I have only seen one car with manual wind windows - suspect that very few were made, especially after the first year or two, but we shouldn't neglect those who have them, so I thought I'd post this tip for converting to electric....

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so I was correct about late vs. early years.

On new cars coming in, dealers tend to order a few strippers so they can get the price as low as possible for advertising purposes, but after that they order what they think most people will want, and on a car where you can't reach the passenger side handle while in the driver's seat, I am surprised that even that many 'delete' power window' options were checked.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I know in 2006 at least, power windows were optional, you had to order one of the upgraded interior or conveniance groups to get Power windows. Granted most buyers did. Last summer we saw a Base model 2006, not only manual windows & cloth seats, but no A/C, manual trans & no fog lights! The fog lights cracked me up, as the actual fog lights were still installed in the front fascia, the bulbs were there, but no switch in the dash, just the same black plastic plug you see on 2007-09 N/A's that do not have traction control installed. I bet if you installed a switch and fished out the conector under the boomerang they would work!

It must have been the under $20,000 advertising version of the car.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think that I have only seen one car with manual wind windows - suspect that very few were made, especially after the first year or two, but we shouldn't neglect those who have them, so I thought I'd post this tip for converting to electric....

I'm trying to figure out how he got a picture of my car....

:huh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts