Discussion Starter #1
i looked all over i cant find how to remove
the cigarette lighter , can someone tell me how to ? thanks :thumbs:

·
Administrator
9,189 Posts
i looked all over i cant find how to remove
the cigarette lighter , can someone tell me how to ? thanks :thumbs:
?? :confused: Are you wanting to remove the 12v located in area near the radio? Because if there is a cigarette lighter in that you just pull it out.

And the next question would be why? Many of us use that for our GPS systems.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
?? :confused: Are you wanting to remove the 12v located in area near the radio? Because if there is a cigarette lighter in that you just pull it out.

And the next question would be why? Many of us use that for our GPS systems.
yes the 12v socket , i want to put a Start Button ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
6,538 Posts

·
Registered
6,766 Posts
Are you putting in keyless start? Or just a dummy start button for looks?

If the former, it's FAR more difficult that it appears. Helios did it with a kit, it took a LOT of work and he was not entirely happy with the result and downsides (apparently). Helios' Push-button Start/ Keyless Entry System

If the latter, why not just convert the button to slide into the 12v socket as a kind of cap? Then you get your look, but can remove it to use the socket if you need to.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its not a keyless start , its a real push button start , and its not hard to connect , only 4 wires , its to remove the boomerang trim piece that i find hard , lots of clips :(

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
its not a keyless start , its a real push button start , and its not hard to connect , only 4 wires , its to remove the boomerang trim piece that i find hard , lots of clips :(

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E3k9pJaeRwY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

good luck with your project.... i sorta doubt the ''4'' wires is ((( it )))...
..... :grouphug:..... EVERYTHING is always more complicated .......

keep us posted - doesn't seem likely we'd talk yuh out of this adventure / brain fart........ betcha even $$ the ''clips'' are the ez part :lol:

so can i have your lighter ..lol...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E3k9pJaeRwY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

good luck with your project.... i sorta doubt the ''4'' wires is ((( it )))...
..... :grouphug:..... EVERYTHING is always more complicated .......

keep us posted - doesn't seem likely we'd talk yuh out of this adventure / brain fart........ betcha even $$ the ''clips'' are the ez part :lol:

so can i have your lighter ..lol...
lol if u doubt , its probably cause u dont know much about cars
for your info follow this : http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-11572-GT.pdf

i did it on my Mustang :thumbs: piece of cake ;)

·
Registered
640 Posts
cool! good luck and keep us posted!

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
This guy is doing the most basic "Push to Start" connection, will still need the key in the Start Positions than pressing the start button.. As for Helios project it was way more sophisticated push to start system where no key was involved just the chip I believe...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This guy is doing the most basic "Push to Start" connection, will still need the key in the Start Positions than pressing the start button.. As for Helios project it was way more sophisticated push to start system where no key was involved just the chip I believe...
u got it :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
..... thanks - i knew i remembered someone actually explaining much more than '' 4 wires ''

lol if u doubt , its probably cause u dont know much about cars
....hahaha no i don't know much as you...

.... tho i've done enuff projects to learn - its always more complicated than yuh think its going to be....

... no insult intended ... i've never used it for a ''lighter''...... it is necessary @ times for the gps,phone charger, laptop...haven't had any experience with the air compressor yet but i betcha it needs a power source too........ nope not something yuh need often BUT WHEN YUH NEED IT ?????????...

..i wouldn't give up my 12v access for ''the button start''......not that it won't look cool..
.maybe you can relocate your 12v...to gb or under dash.. that's prolly piece a cake too! .
something to think about...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi

My socket is missing (removed/empty)! Only the little flip cap is there with some taped wiring within. Can I install a new socket without removing the "boomarang" section?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,766 Posts
Hi

My socket is missing (removed/empty)! Only the little flip cap is there with some taped wiring within. Can I install a new socket without removing the "boomarang" section?

Thanks
As long as you can reach the connector, yes. The socket inserts from the top.

Now I see you say 'taped wiring'. The the PO cut off the connector? If so, that's bad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts