Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed some dried polish brushed across the bottom rear of the convertible top. Any suggestions on the best way to remove it?

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
I would use Simple Green and a light pressure from that brush. Simple Green removes grease (wax) really well. Make sure it doesn't touch your paint because it will remove the wax there too. Also make sure to clean your top after and then use a protectant like HARTZ or 303 to remoisturize it and waterproof it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would use Simple Green and a light pressure from that brush. Simple Green removes grease (wax) really well. Make sure it doesn't touch your paint because it will remove the wax there too. Also make sure to clean your top after and then use a protectant like HARTZ or 303 to remoisturize it and waterproof it.
Very good. I will do this. Does it require elbow grease?

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
It doesn't require a lot. I usually wipe any plastic pieces off with it that I accidentally get wax on. Something else that might work....dawn dishwashing soap. Never tried it...but its worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
squirt some simple green on a toothbrush and try a small spot first
The old toothbrush trick. Gotta love it. Cars, sinks, firearms, appliances...toothbrush is perfect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts