Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Look at the link in my sig to see a kuda mount in action.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
What kind? I use the suction mount for my Garmin and stick it to the lower left hand corner of the wind shield. There's a dead spot there and you don't lose any of the sight picture.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
What kind? I use the suction mount for my Garmin and stick it to the lower left hand corner of the wind shield. There's a dead spot there and you don't lose any of the sight picture.
I agree, that's where it put mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
18,492 Posts
Before I had my dash painted I too hung the GPS and my phone on the lower left of the windshield. I now mount them anywhere convenient as the dash is nice and shiny

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
I used to mount it there until a hot day when the suction cup lost its grip and the whole thing fell under my feet as I was driving. Now I mount it to the right of the boomerang on the dash. It is farther away but also out of the sightline there.

·
Registered
643 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

It does GPS, too.

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well, since I think that there are laws in certain states governing the "mounting location", which is usually the lower left corner, I have tried to keep it there. However, being that I am in Texas, and I have to have a "registration sticker AND an inspection sticker" in the lower left corner, I have no room to stick the g.p.s. suction mount there as well with this tiny windshield, so I just said "screw it", and it sits really low, in the center, just above the "boomerang" I think you guys call it. If I tried for the left corner it would be all in my field of view....and trust me, here in Houston I NEED to see EVERYTHING....

·
Registered
728 Posts
My location is my right hand..:D

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
My navigation device now sits in the passenger seat.
At my age, my wife remembers more than I do, so if she is in the car, she tells me how to get where we need to go. If I am alone, I usually mount it on the left.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.