Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I wish I could tell you how much it will be in Canada, but I haven't seen a price for our northern neighbors. The $20,000 is US dollars, so I would assume it will be more in Canada. Its hard to say how much more, but at least exchange rates are more favorable for exporting cars to Canada these days.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I believe the 20,000 Solstices GM plans to sell per year is North American sales values. So I'm betting part of that number is Canadian sales. Especially since Canadian sales are usually less then USA numbers due to population values.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Well we have 1/10th the population and we sell a lower proportion of sports cars due to our climate so they will be fairly sparse. Historically, $20k US cars sticker around $27-28 here. I haven't looked at any recent model intros in that price range during the last 12 months so I'm not sure if we are in fact seeing the favourable exchange affect vehicle prices yet.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Oops, I think I read your post wrong! You were asking about sales volume!

brentil said:
I believe the 20,000 Solstices GM plans to sell per year is North American sales values. So I'm betting part of that number is Canadian sales. Especially since Canadian sales are usually less then USA numbers due to population values.
I agree with Brentil on volume. 20,000 units, for the continent. That probably doesn't leave too many for Canada either.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Canadian price

The markup from US to Canadian is all over the map.
I can see it ranges from 15% to 30%
The markup on the base G6 is just over 15% and the
markup on the Mustang GT is about 30%.
Differences in standard equipment sometimes accounts
for a part of the difference.
Just compare US to Canadian base prices from the US and
Canadian automaker websites.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was asking about sales volume, price will be about $25,000 CDN to start
O in Ontario cannot forget about 15% sale taxes or gas taxes. better be lower then a Jimmy which is $800.00 touch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts