Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a long road for Solstice,For those of us who have been waiting a
long time,We are getting closer, to the time when we will no,When and how
long till we receive are Solstice.I dont no how I will react to the news Production Has Started,And delivery will be --/--/----
Anyone.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I just told my sales person yesterday that I am afraid I will just stand there and cry. It finally happened.

#1 of first allocation. They got two for the first allocation so my order is in.
Sly/leather/Wait listed/#1 at dealer----

·
Registered
350 Posts
There was a CD in my car that I didn't know what it was. I pop it in and the 1st song that came on was "At last my love has finally come." That is probably how I will feel. I jokingly shared that with my girlfriend and I don't think that she liked it very much, because she continued to tease me for the rest of the night.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I think I'll just stand there for about an hour staring at it then finally realise it's mine and I can get in it. Then I'll sit in it for another hour and just let people stare at it knowing that since I'm allocation #1 I'll be one of 5 people driving around Central Florida in a Solstice. :D

Then I'm going to take a long needed vacation from the forums ( :lol: ) and see how quickly I can do the first 1000 miles of break in done. Then get the oil changed. Tool around in it a bit more, then find a local dyno shop and get it graphed.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
brentil said:
I think I'll just stand there for about an hour staring at it then finally realise it's mine and I can get in it. Then I'll sit in it for another hour and just let people stare at it knowing that since I'm allocation #1 I'll be one of 5 people driving around Central Florida in a Solstice. :D

Then I'm going to take a long needed vacation from the forums ( :lol: ) and see how quickly I can do the first 1000 miles of break in done. Then get the oil changed. Tool around in it a bit more, then find a local dyno shop and get it graphed.

:skep: Being the enternal pesimist I will probably wonder how many more delays there will be that will change the delivery date. But I will still go and toast a few anyway! :cheers:

·
Registered
167 Posts
The way that I look at it is everytime there is a delay is that I feel comfort in knowing that GM will correct it before the car is ready for production. Quality is first and foremost on their mind. Is it a partly cloudy day or a partly sunny day? We all look at things differently which makes this country great, but I would rather try to find the positive side and focus on that!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm gonna dance. However, I'll have to live through osmosis with you guys. I'm not ordering until Dec. I'll really be watching the forum for the reactions and other discussions. That way, I'll know what to look out for, incase there are any problems. I've learned more about cars from you guys than I have in my 20 years of driving. Keep the info coming!!!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
spyderone said:
The way that I look at it is everytime there is a delay is that I feel comfort in knowing that GM will correct it before the car is ready for production. Quality is first and foremost on their mind. Is it a partly cloudy day or a partly sunny day? We all look at things differently which makes this country great, but I would rather try to find the positive side and focus on that!!!
:agree:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I'll be consulting historical weather info to figure out how far South I'll have to go to find some good, top-down weather - and start making roadtrip plans :thumbs:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Our dealer is planning on Media coverage of us accepting the keys?

Our dealer has already asked us if we would agree to a media blitz. He wants to publicize the fact that the GM dealer in a small town in West Virginia actually got their foot in the door & was able to order one of the first 1000.

:party: :cool:

Everyone that we know is well aware of the fact that we are in the EOP & the requests for a ride are already lining up.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I'm very Zen about it now. It will come when it comes and I tend to be very low key about big events, but I'm sure my heart rate will be elevated and I might need extra anti-persperant that day! My biggest problem will be where to go with it first. I hope it shows up on a Friday so I can just take off from the dealer and not come home until Sunday night.

·
497 Posts
AeroDave said:
I hope it shows up on a Friday so I can just take off from the dealer and not come home until Sunday night.
Regardless of the day it arrives, I already know I definitely will not be working the following day. (Or two or three) :)

·
Banned
69 Posts
brentil said:
then find a local dyno shop and get it graphed.
Me too, i want to see the REAL tourqe curve and hp ratings on this engine, i dont care what pontiac says it is, a good dyno will tell me everything i need to know.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Skyolstice said:
Me too, i want to see the REAL tourqe curve and hp ratings on this engine, i dont care what pontiac says it is, a good dyno will tell me everything i need to know.
The ones they give are flywheel dynos too, not wheel dynos. I'm interested in seeing how well the power is delivered.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts