Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
we dont know the opts are yet, but what would you want and not want on the car? and, lets be realistic and remember the 20-25K price. thems the rules! :D

nays:
ABS/TC
hardtop
premium audio
dual-zone CC
Onstar
XM
leather/pleather
power seats
anything else that adds unneeded weight or cost

youbetchas:
HUD
PDL/remote keyless entry

·
Registered
28 Posts
YES:
Tilt Steering Wheel and/or a telescoping column

Actually tilt steering should be standard in any two seated roadster for us biggie sized folks.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Assuming power steering and brakes are standard then;

A/C
Hardtop
CD changer
Cruise Control

Don't need much else. A cool option might be a quicky removable passenger seat so you could use the space for cargo.:cool

·
Registered
2 Posts
options

sorry, hit enter too soon, I would have to have keyless, power everything, traction control, but a head up display(grand prix style), navigation, and manumatic tranny would be very cool to have available

·
Registered
81 Posts
I intend for the soltice to be my only car, so I'm afraid I'm gonna have to weight it down with some convenience features:

AC
Cruise Control
ABS

I'm guessing keyless entry will be standard...at least, I haven't seen any keyholes on the door handles in the pics I've seen thus far. I can do without the premium audio since I'll most likely be doing my own install. Here's hoping the stock HU is a standard double-din unit. I'd like power windows too, since window cranks tend to get in the way of door speakers. And my understanding is that power windows don't add much weight, if any, over manual ones.

-Stephen M

·
Registered
52 Posts
I will not buy a Solstice without:
  • Forced Induction
  • manual trans
  • A/C
Other options I'd choose:
  • Cruise
  • Power everything
  • Nav system.
  • Any/all performance upgrade options.
  • Hard top (a one-piece that you take off and leave at home during the summer months, use in the winter, and is in addition to the soft top would be fine)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
-Manual top
-Manual windows
-No ABS
-No TCS or stability control
-No leather, how about neoprene?
-No stereo
-No A/C... well, maybe A/C
-6-piston front calipers on bigger rotors
-Supercharger
-LSD
-Adjustable shocks, maybe even coilovers
-stiffer swaybars
-HUD would be nice (miss mine, had a GTP)
-Power locks/keyless entry would be nice, doesn't add much weight

Yeah, basically I want a stripped-down, no frills performance model. Something that would fall into B-stock or A-stock for SCCA autocross. I'll give up the creature comforts and electronic "hand of God" (stability control/ABS/Traction control) for weight savings and cost savings to offset the more expensive performance parts. Sure, chances are I'll have to go to the aftermarket for most of this stuff, but a factory warranty would be nice for once. Isn't it nice to dream?

·
Registered
1 Posts
CD & automatic trans.

I would want a CD player & air conditioner and an automatic transmission since I don’t drive straights very well. I know a lot of roadster enthusiasts don’t like automatics, but I think having that as an option would definitely increase Solstice’s sales.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I think the first year has been "rumored" to be manual only to keep it simple for rollout. I'm sure they'll offer an auto once they get off the ground.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Am I the only one....

Am I the only one who wants Onstar?

Also, regarding the tilt steering, if you check the NY auto show photos you can clearly see the tilt steering lever.

·
Registered
192 Posts
2KWK4U said:
-Manual top
-Manual windows
-No ABS
-No TCS or stability control
-No leather, how about neoprene?
-No stereo
-No A/C... well, maybe A/C
-6-piston front calipers on bigger rotors
-Supercharger
-LSD
-Adjustable shocks, maybe even coilovers
-stiffer swaybars
-HUD would be nice (miss mine, had a GTP)
-Power locks/keyless entry would be nice, doesn't add much weight

Yeah, basically I want a stripped-down, no frills performance model. Something that would fall into B-stock or A-stock for SCCA autocross. I'll give up the creature comforts and electronic "hand of God" (stability control/ABS/Traction control) for weight savings and cost savings to offset the more expensive performance parts. Sure, chances are I'll have to go to the aftermarket for most of this stuff, but a factory warranty would be nice for once. Isn't it nice to dream?
I'm pretty much with 2KWK4U, but I would go even further--removable soft top and attachable hard top for winter or rainy spells. No radio, really? BTW, power windows need not weigh more than manual.

·
Registered
275 Posts
a) In the Fiero, tilt steering was essential to being able to get into the seat (Fiero: the car you wear).
b) Also when belted in you could not reach the window crank on the passenger side so at least one power window is necessary.
c) Hope the Autoweek description of the top will change for production, even a 1961 FIAT 1500 had a "one-hand-top".
d) If serious about autocrossing, posi is essential.
e) Any American car sold in southern states will have to have A/C even if just for the defogging capabilities.
f) Same for pdl/rdl
g) Not everyone wants a sound system but will probably be integrated with the HVAC control to simplify

A lot of the above goes along with the current passion for "option packages" rather than individual options. The rule today is "Have it our way." I hope at least the positraction is either standard (was on the Trans/Am for many years) or available individually.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: Posi AKA Limited Slip Differential

Limited slip differentials are not not that essential for daily driving with traction control. This make me think that this thing will come standard with ABS and TCS. Also all the Kappa platform photos I have seen have ABS modules too.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts