Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

How would you option-out your solstice?

7K views 32 replies 26 participants last post by  tcl 
#1 · (Edited)
we dont know the opts are yet, but what would you want and not want on the car? and, lets be realistic and remember the 20-25K price. thems the rules! :D

nays:
ABS/TC
hardtop
premium audio
dual-zone CC
Onstar
XM
leather/pleather
power seats
anything else that adds unneeded weight or cost

youbetchas:
HUD
PDL/remote keyless entry

#27 ·
gmcsierra2002 said:
... so why do you all need it on a sports car with a convertible top? sounds crazy to me, but thats just me.
I've driven many times on 90deg+ days with the top down and the A/C on :smile

Y'know, you're tryin' to be kool, cruisin' on the highway with top down and arm across the seat, but the sun is hotter than F**K, and your thighs are about to spontaneously combust... that A/C is just enough to keep your thighs and head just barely cool enough! :cool

#28 ·
solsticeman said:
I've driven many times on 90deg+ days with the top down and the A/C on :smile

Y'know, you're tryin' to be kool, cruisin' on the highway with top down and arm across the seat, but the sun is hotter than F**K, and your thighs are about to spontaneously combust... that A/C is just enough to keep your thighs and head just barely cool enough! :cool
Exactly. I have a Jeep Wrangler now, and on really sunny July days, that sun is a scorcher! Instead of turning into a raisin, its nice to get that cold breeze out of the vents. Some days I will even forgoe putting the top down to stay cool! Convertables are fun, but long drives in pounding heat are not, and I do not like skin cancer. It is definately handy, even on a convertable!

#29 ·
Fformula88 said:
Exactly. I have a Jeep Wrangler now, and on really sunny July days, that sun is a scorcher! Instead of turning into a raisin, its nice to get that cold breeze out of the vents. Some days I will even forgoe putting the top down to stay cool! Convertables are fun, but long drives in pounding heat are not, and I do not like skin cancer. It is definately handy, even on a convertable!
Heh. My daily driver is a soft top Wrangler. I've had the windows out of it for a few months now, and I'm about to put the windows back on for summer. It sucks, but here in South Florida it rains almost every afternoon in the summer, and while 105* is nothing in AZ, 85* with high humidity here is muggy and miserable.

#31 ·
The FI engine (if available)
LSD
AC.
Manual trans
Maybe a radio

no way:
hud
onstar
Keyless entry
Power locks
Power windows
cruise
abs

#32 · (Edited)
Guessing these will be standard items:
5 speed manual (although a 6 spped would be nice)
Cruise control
Air Conditioning
roll up windows (bad luck with electric lift motors)
Some sort of anti-theft device (figure that would add electric locks, wanted or not)
LSD (since it uses the Opel/Caddy rear end)
Manual, unlined top

Factory options (will add any of above if not standard):
in dash CD player
custom luggage (how cool is that on the airport carousel)

After market (or custom) things I'll add:
K & N air filter
tourneau cover (looks like I'll be carrying stuff on the passenger seat)
either line the roof or, if looks good, a removable hard top
(unfortunately, down here, except for the too short spring and fall, weather dictates having the roof up, as well as, to drive to anywhere with a twisting road, a long, boring interstate segment)
In dash radar dectector
possibly lighter weight wheels
possibly cat back exhaust system

All the custom things I'll move to the SC version when I trade in the 2006.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.