Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been watching this forum since I ordered my sweetie back at the start of June but this is my first post. Hoping to make contact with other Canucks and keep informed about what's happening with the cars coming to the Great White North.
Was lucky enough to learn about it while there were still a few left of dealer allocations in Calgary. Was a wierd experience though, had to actually argue with the salesman to get him to take a deposit over the phone and lock one up for me. First time that's ever happened when I've bought a car!
Course the whole things a little strange. Here I buy a brand new production car without ever seeing anything but a picture. No showroom model, no test drive, no dickering with the salesman over the price (take it or leave it) and I'm just happy to be doing it.
I've owned other new cars but this is the first one being built to my specifications. Gotta say I'm convinced that's the most fun a guy can have with his pants on.
The whole thing reminds me of when I was a kid back in the 50's and we'd kind of pick our Christmas presents out of the Eaton's catalogue and then wait for the big day to see exactly what we got. The anticipation and uncertainty was really half the fun.
Problem is, this time I have no idea when Christmas Day will come and that makes the waiting even harder. To be fair, my dealer never promised me a delivery date so I guess anytime before next spring is actually reasonable.
I used to ride bikes and it would usually take about a year to have the plant make one to your specs so I don't feel too upset with GM.
Truth be known, being a first year production model, I would rather they take whatever time is necessary to iron out all the bugs and give us a car we'll want to keep and drive for years to come, which is what the Solstice promises.
So anyway, who's out there and has anyone north of the 49th got their car yet or any word as to when? I've been told that all Canadian dealers will be recieving their first allocation on the same day and thus the hold up. Anyone else heard this?

Deep with black leather and everything but Onstar, smokers pkg. & stereo upgrade

·
2,574 Posts
Welcome up there! There have been some Canadian deliveries recently. There is a dedicated thread for you guys, check the index, lotta your pals are around here you're gonna feel right at home! ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome
it has been a slow week around here haven't seen much of anyone...maybe cause the weather is so great and people are getting there cars

1 - 3 of 3 Posts