Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Solstice ordering experience so far. I wanted to have a Solstice by spring time so on Sept 13th called around to the local dealerships after doing a search at Pontiac website. Talk to a saleseman and yes they have 2 cars in the first allocation would i like one of them ? Why yes i do. Salesman says let me get the owner on the phone he's the one that inputs the orders into the system. Yes we never charge over MSRP. The owner gets on the phone and inputs my order item by item into the GM system and gives me a final quote, (exactly the amount I had from building my own at the Pontiac web site). I ask how much of a deposit they want, they say 500.00 is adequete. I promise to be there with a check ASAP but not later than the weekend. 2 days later I go there give them my check they fill out the sales order for the car including tax and fees give it to me to sign and also a copy of the original computer order form I did with the owner on the phone. As of today the car has been preferenced.
My only problem is as I was leaving the dealership that day they told me they were giving me their first car out of their first allocation. Now instead of calmly waiting for spring time I'm like a kid in a candy store. Oh well

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Moderators

BTW is it ok if I mention the dealers name ? If it isn't I do have it one the list of cars if anyone is interested in dealing with a class opersation.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Wow! Sounds like you are one lucky dog. It's good that you posted this, since we usually only hear about the nightmare dealers. So when do you expect the car now that you have been bumped up?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I let there that day they told me I had a good chance of having it before the end of the year. Looks like thats a definite possibility

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
There are a lot of dealerships out there. It's good to hear the stories of the great ones and not just the bad. Enjoy your car!

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Please ---- let these good dealers know how pleased you are. All they ever hear is the negative stuff. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Great! Noticed you're from KY.... Mind adding a post the the SE region? I requested folks from KY post in hopes of some area rides and gatherings. Actually I'm working on my dealer to pay for some free pheniox room admissions to keenland for people who bring a solstice to the spring meet... he gets to show off the cars and we get a great buffet and horserace for free. We'll see.

By all means, post the dealer....

Good to hear there will be another in KY. Keep us posted.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
flaj said:
Please ---- let these good dealers know how pleased you are. All they ever hear is the negative stuff. :yesnod:
:agree: The best way to let them know is to see them for future purchaces, or spread the good word about his business. :thumbs: It is hard to find a good dealer, so I tend to buy most of mine from the same one ... too bad he only sells Mazda, Nissan, VW, Volvo, and Mercedes. :(

·
Registered
191 Posts
That is great news! I unfortunately los my fist allocation car, but I knew that I might, my dealer told me that until I got my deposit in that she was fair game. That was no problem for me, as I know how in demand this car is. Plus Psi-Fi got the car I was planning on getting. I went to his shop to see their plans for it and I think I would have won this deal either way. By the time I get my Sol, they will have a very nice kit for the Solstice. I did manage to place an order from the second allocation and I am driving by sometime today to see if she has been picked up. It's really nice that we are starting to hear good news about these dealerships. First we finally manage to make a bad one lose their allocation and now a lot of dealers are coming out of the woodwork as good, honest businesses.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
z3404 said:
BTW is it ok if I mention the dealers name ? If it isn't I do have it one the list of cars if anyone is interested in dealing with a class opersation.
Promoting of non-supporting dealers is not permitted, so unfortunately please do not refrence the dealer.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
brentil said:
Promoting of non-supporting dealers is not permitted, so unfortunately please do not refrence the dealer.
If we can't support a good dealer should we not be able to trash a bad one? sounds like a double standard to me... sorry , just wondering.....

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
If we can't support a good dealer should we not be able to trash a bad one? sounds like a double standard to me... sorry , just wondering.....
Nothing stops you from sending a PM to the individual inquiring about a good dealer. Should be one of your homework steps, especially if you are in the area that the poster is from.

Either that or encourage them to become a supporting dealer.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
z3404 said:
Some nice people here on the forum have a database for us to post info about our cars in, including our dealers.
here is the link

http://solstice.gotdns.com/default.asp
That type of database is permitted to be linked because it doesn't specificly state "dealer X is a good dealer, buy from him."

SkyMan 07: It's because the forums are supported by dealerships and vendors who pay money to be supporting members. Therefore promoting non-supporting dealers removes the one major benefit of being a supporting dealer.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
brentil said:
That type of database is permitted to be linked because it doesn't specificly state "dealer X is a good dealer, buy from him."

SkyMan 07: It's because the forums are supported by dealerships and vendors who pay money to be supporting members. Therefore promoting non-supporting dealers removes the one major benefit of being a supporting dealer.
I understand that part but why should people be able to slam a dealership on here, who's to know if they were not put up by someone else to do just that... that could constitute slander couldn't it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts