Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting sick of this weather in Michigan its been cold and warm all winter I like winter sports such as ice fishing cross country sking. The weather has been so up and down that the ice around here is not safe and havnt had much snow I would rather have a real winter so I could be doing these things, its really been boring this year. All I got to say I cant wait till spring comes with the sun in my face driving my convertable solstice down the road driving along the Great Lakes shoreline with the waves crashing .Just dreaming

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
AZ says Sunny 72 degrees with 13% humidity

Top down back from Tucson...leading a top down MR2 and Cady CTS. XM was cranking Jazz as we cruised at...75mph...honest officer...:cool:
Hope you get an early spring....:yesnod:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Its a nice 72 degrees on this lovely sunny day. But yet it still has this cool snap in the wind.

·
Registered
336 Posts
OO no please don't forget that Texas is a killer in the summer too. My old caddie does not have ac and over summer we thought it would be funny to leave an egg in a frying pan inside the car. Well lets just say it was burned on the bottom.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Here in SW VA, we have had a fairly mild winter, as well. We got our Solstice on Nov. 30 and have had a few top down days, but not very many! We are looking forward to SPRING!:)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hot

Sorry to gloat, but we had to turn the air conditioning on last night.

We have about 600 miles on the car and have only had the top up once. That is why we live in Florida.

·
Registered
77 Posts
dave clancy said:
I am getting sick of this weather in Michigan its been cold and warm all winter I like winter sports such as ice fishing cross country sking. The weather has been so up and down that the ice around here is not safe and havnt had much snow I would rather have a real winter so I could be doing these things, its really been boring this year. All I got to say I cant wait till spring comes with the sun in my face driving my convertable solstice down the road driving along the Great Lakes shoreline with the waves crashing .Just dreaming
Where have you been? I've been enjoying my Michigan sol every day since taking delivery Dec. 28. Store it? NO, drive it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The weather is windy and DUSTY. Hasn't rained in 94 days so it is hard to keep the car clean.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anxious one said:
Where have you been? I've been enjoying my Michigan sol every day since taking delivery Dec. 28. Store it? NO, drive it.
I enjoy just going out in my garage to stare at it gots eight coats of wax on it and the under carrige and wheel wells look like it drove off the assembly line I live on a dirt road and its impassable right now got my little chevy to take in all the salt and mud it really takes a beating, sorry but i will pass on the winter driving in my solstice when spring comes it wiil be really something to look forward too in my mint solstice but enyoy yours anyway:)

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
sonoransolstice said:
The weather is windy and DUSTY. Hasn't rained in 94 days so it is hard to keep the car clean.
So I named her...Dusty Rose...gotta rain soon...:(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same in WI

dave clancy said:
Being just over the puddle from you, it's been the same here. I'm a hockey player and my buddies and I usually get out on the ponds...not this year. I'm too wrapped up in anticipation of getting my new car. I cannot WAIT for Spring & my car to arrrive.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Think it hit 80 degrees Saturday before we went to the car show a friend and I were entering.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
dave clancy said:
I enjoy just going out in my garage to stare at it gots eight coats of wax on it and the under carrige and wheel wells look like it drove off the assembly line I live on a dirt road and its impassable right now got my little chevy to take in all the salt and mud it really takes a beating, sorry but i will pass on the winter driving in my solstice when spring comes it wiil be really something to look forward too in my mint solstice but enyoy yours anyway:)
Dave! I thought I was the only one that Crazy about the Solstice.

Old Buddy, I'm waiting just like you for May 1st.

But aint it nice just having the Solstice to admire, and have in Our Garage. Mitch

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MITCH said:
Dave! I thought I was the only one that Crazy about the Solstice.

Old Buddy, I'm waiting just like you for May 1st.

But aint it nice just having the Solstice to admire, and have in Our Garage. Mitch
:agree: just going out in my safe and dry garage to look at it cures my blues

·
Registered
414 Posts
Rain Rain Rain in Oregon

The month of January it has almost rained every day. We are close to 10 inches of rain for the month and flooding has happened or is going to happen in many places. There is nightly stories of houses sliding off of their foundations and mud slides happening daily. But we just keep counting the days to mid July when the magical yellow orb appears like clockwork and we all rejoice for.....................8 weeks. Then those crazy dark clouds appear and we wait 10 more long months for our dear friend the sun :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts