Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a buying a new set of wheels. The Hub bore is 74.1, so do I need to use Hub Centric Rings to close the gap difference of the smaller factory wheel? Also the offset is 40 as compared to 55 oem. If I understand it correctly the wheel will move out about .5 inches from oem wheel? The wheels I am looking at are still 18x8. Also the tires will be Nitto NT 555 G2's 255-45-18.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I am looking at a buying a new set of wheels. The Hub bore is 74.1, so do I need to use Hub Centric Rings to close the gap difference of the smaller factory wheel? Also the offset is 40 as compared to 55 oem. If I understand it correctly the wheel will move out about .5 inches from oem wheel? The wheels I am looking at are still 18x8. Also the tires will be Nitto NT 555 G2's 255-45-18.
For future reference kind of late to the post:

If you're going to go faster than 50 mph, they advise getting them. There is a chance people get away with it, so it's on you. I imagine extreme shock loads (think about a yuge chuck hole) and then scare myself envisioning the wheel studs snapping off because the load is transferring to through the wheel studs and not the hub!

Regarding the 40 offset, check out this wheel comparing tool: Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com
Enter the OEM Kappa wheel size and OEM tire: 18x8, 5x110, +55 245/45R18

From my understanding, +40 is more negative than +55, so it will make the wheel stick out father by the difference between them or 15 mm.

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought the wheels with the Hub Centric kits. Wheels fit well with the kits and the Nitto NT 555 G2's 255-45-18 tires fit nicely and stick out ~.59". Looks good, quiet ride, drives very well, good grip in hard fast cornering! Very Happy!! Wife didn't like the look of the wheels. Not shiney enough. Found a set of MB222 GM wheels for a great price and switched tires to them. Got to admit the wheel/tire combo does look better now. Wife very happy!! And when she's happy, me happy!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts