Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished the majority of a hybrid sound system in my ‘07 with monsoon. I got a lot of help From what others have done, so I thought I’d post my configuration to see if it would help anyone else.

I wanted to keep the install stock looking on the inside of the car, so that was a prime consideration. But I also wanted cleaner sound with a much more solid bass. Here’s what I ended up with after quite a bit of trial and error.

I added 2 amps to the stock system. A DD5.1000 and a jl audio 500. I kept the stock speakers in the cab with the exception of the rear pillars where I used a pair of infinity 4 inch 2 ways. I cut into the stock wiring at the amp behind the driver’s seat and kept the majority of the connections there.

I used The stock monsoon amp, to drive the rear pillar speakers, and the front A pillar tweeters. I used 4 channels on the DD amp, and left the 5th open. The DD amp is driving The stock subwoofer on two channels, and the front door speakers on one channel each. I built a fairly tight box that sits behind the pyramid in the trunk and contains 2 10 inch Alpines that I drive with the JL amp. It doesn’t have the airspace it really needs, but it still puts out a comfortable amount of bass that is pretty clean.

For power I ran a 4 ga wire from the PowerPoint under the hood through the door sill and into the trunk on the passenger side. There it connects to a 60 amp breaker, that is then split to power the 2 Amps in the trunk.

I’m pretty happy with it so far. The downside is I’ve lost most of my trunk space, but when I travel in this car I usually only travel with a duffel in the front seat anyway

Once I get the wiring cleaned up I will add some pictures. I’m a firm believer in living with a system for a bit before I go crazy with the cosmetics in the trunk. I did run bolts through the rear pillar to secure the infinity’s but that’s the only indication that it isn’t a stock system in the cabin.

I appreciate everyone who posted systems they had created. That info was invaluable. I’ll be happy to answer any questions if I can help anyone else out.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Head Unit?

What are you using for a head unit? Stock Monsoon is pretty muddy with my Advent head unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts