Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For months I have been mostly reading and sometimes posting. I have spent much time muttering about how silly people are to get excited as their car moves through the event codes. I thought, who really cares?

That was before my order started moving, slowly, inexorably toward actual delivery. Now that I am past 3000 (yeah!) I understand the giddiness I used to mutter about!

I fully expect to add my own celebratory posts as my order hits more milestones!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Ahhhh they all come around eventually to the curious attraction of the event codes :lol:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Patience...

Happy for you Clamato. Realize how frustrated some of us are, who ordered in May, and GM still hasn't even picked up our orders for production. Welcome to the crowd that is "silly" enough to hang in there for the best looking US made car out there.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
clamato said:
For months I have been mostly reading and sometimes posting. I have spent much time muttering about how silly people are to get excited as their car moves through the event codes. I thought, who really cares?

That was before my order started moving, slowly, inexorably toward actual delivery. Now that I am past 3000 (yeah!) I understand the giddiness I used to mutter about!

I fully expect toe add my own celebratory posts as my order hits more milestones!
:party: :party: Congratulations.... You are one step closer to owning your baby. I am in the same code as well.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
clamato said:

I fully expect toe add my own celebratory posts as my order hits more milestones!
mine went 3000 same day as yours i will be going to my dealer nov 9 to see if it moves :)

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Yea! I need to check on my status, I went 3000 on 10/19 too!!

Off to ring up my salesman!
:willy:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Have your dealer call GM. Ours went to 3000 on 9/21 and it still shows that same code in the system. Our dealer called to see what the heck was going on and GM said that the codes in the system have not been updated properly and that our car was being built as they spoke. So don't just let them look it up on the computer if you have been at 3000 for a while -- have them call to check the status....

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Let's Go to the Movies

Now playing at the Solstice Forum:
"The Curious Attraction of the Event Codes."
That's a good one, mceb. :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Kallasd said:
Did you say 37,000? May be 27,000, I gave 23,900 for mine fully loaded every thing except onstar or xm. Mine is #715.
dylan is in Canada, and yes, the cars are in the high 30s Canadian!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Sol Survivor said:
Have your dealer call GM. Ours went to 3000 on 9/21 and it still shows that same code in the system. Our dealer called to see what the heck was going on and GM said that the codes in the system have not been updated properly and that our car was being built as they spoke. So don't just let them look it up on the computer if you have been at 3000 for a while -- have them call to check the status....
WOW YOU GOT ME REALLY EXCITED NOW. I WONDER IF MY CAR WILL BE BUILT SOONER :) :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
dave clancy said:
WOW YOU GOT ME REALLY EXCITED NOW. I WONDER IF MY CAR WILL BE BUILT SOONER :) :)

Same here, my order might even get a number before long. ordered aug. 1st, but at a small dealer so who knows when.......

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
clamato said:
I have spent much time muttering about how silly people are to get excited as their car moves through the event codes. I thought, who really cares?

I fully expect to add my own celebratory posts as my order hits more milestones!

A lot of people say they don't like hypocrits. But you gotta like a hypocrit who stands up and says he is a hypocrit.

I did that twice, no wait, I did that once, no wait, I SHOULD have done that a lot of times. Oh well. :)

Kallasd: what color is your beautiful Solstice? Gee, somehow that sounds redundant, Solstice = beautiful.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts