Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say to everyone who gripes about the weight is I drive this car every day and I have never been in a more SOLID feeling car. I personally am glad I got the extra weight for solidity and extra power to keep up for LESS than a Miata.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I agree. My Solstice just sounds and feels more solid than my former Miata.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also used to drive a miata and was not satisfied with the lightness of the vehicle. I drove a '91 the last two years and everytime it rained I had to drive ridiculously slow so I wouldnt hydroplane. The car was ok in the winter but the rain was a killer. I can't wait to see how the solstice will hold up.....or down for that matter :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
I agree I hope GM doesn't try to lighten this car up. They should consider the extra weight to be what sets this car apart and gives it its personlaity. I can tell you that I would not enjoy this car if it was lighter.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I agree. The extra weight has really created one solid structure, and it shows on the road. I don't think it's weight really hurts the driving experience either. The car still feels tossable and responsive to me. My seat of the pants impression is not that it is a heavy car, just a solid car.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Now if we lost a couple hundred pounds from adding more expensive carbon fiber parts I wouldn't complain about the car then being lighter. Since replacing those parts to make the car lighter isn't going to sacrifice the rigidity of the substructure, just the weight of the hood/trunk. Which that hood is massive compared to most other car's hoods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts