Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have spoken with my managers at length about starting a list for the 2006 Solstice. There is an added bonus of dealing with me since you guys are on the board I will tint your car for free!!! First come, first serve!!!
Give me the color you want and once I get info on options we will order the cars exactly to your spec. I will be taking a $500 refundable deposit, the benefit of the refundable deposit is I will refund your money no questions asked if you don't want the car or something happens to force you to change your mind. So let me know who is in.

Thanks,

Jason Feuerberg

·
Registered
151 Posts
GTOJ said:
Hey guys I have spoken with my managers at length about starting a list for the 2006 Solstice. There is an added bonus of dealing with me since you guys are on the board I will tint your car for free!!! First come, first serve!!!
Give me the color you want and once I get info on options we will order the cars exactly to your spec. I will be taking a $500 refundable deposit, the benefit of the refundable deposit is I will refund your money no questions asked if you don't want the car or something happens to force you to change your mind. So let me know who is in.

Thanks,

Jason Feuerberg
do we even know what colors will be available, options, etc...

·
Registered
284 Posts
If ordering from you, where are you exactly and how do we go about getting our cars once they're ready for delivery?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No we don't know exact colors but I know as far as any other car they will have the basic colors like red, silver, black, blue, white, etc... I did this when I placed Lexus SC430 orders actually a few years back before they came out. As far as getting the cars to you I can get them delivered to your door, you could fly in to Dallas pick your car up and drive home, or if you have a dealership in your local area I can see about setting up a drop ship with them(although I do not like to do that just because I never see the car and want to make sure everything is right with the car before I deliver it) this is an option. So let me know guys I am ready to help you.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sounds great, but now's not a good time for me. Just bought a house!! Need to get settled in there and finish signing my life away for the next 30 years and then I can think about putting up an extra $500 for a deposit. :crazy

·
Registered
227 Posts
Price

Jason - I can purchase any GM car at dealer invoice cost less rebates... can your dealership match the price? do you accept american express?

Richard

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
general said:
Jason - I can purchase any GM car at dealer invoice cost less rebates... can your dealership match the price? do you accept american express?

Richard

That is great Richard. What deal is that you have? Are we talking about a Solstice? Yes we accept American Express.

Jason

·
Registered
227 Posts
Deal

Hi Jason...

Yes any GM Car including the Solstice...it's the GM Supplier's Discount. Your manager should be familar with it. I can fax you my authorization information.

Just so you know, I'm going to wait until the Supercharged model is available. You may be interested to know the Canadian GM-Pontiac site gives specs of the Solstice with the Supercharger and a 6 speed.

Richard

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I know of the discount you are talking about. We will probably accept that when the car comes out but I don't know yet until the car comes out. Wow I didn't realize they already have info on the Supercharged Solstice, that is pretty cool. Thanks for the info. Let me know when you are ready.

Jason

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Specs on the GM Canada Pontiac site refer to the semi-fictitional performance specs of the CONCEPT car.

They in no way are related to the production car. The concept car was a barely functional show that was made driveable as a surprise. Beautiful in form, underneath a real hodge-podge of parts that was not even close to being a useful vehicle.

It did have a supercharger, and an ecotec, and a 6 speed. But it was never tested, developed, or used in any other way than as a show vehicle. In fact, speed for the vehicle was limited to prevent people from hurting either the vehicle or themselves. Rumor has it that it was only shown once, and has since been retired from "evaluation" rides because of the delicate nature of the showcar and the overall roughness and such of a one-off car.

Roughness is evident in TCC article here
http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=5182

It's well known that the real production Solstice:
-will not have a strut front suspension,
-will not have a T-56 Borg Warner 6-speed tranny
-will not have 19 and 20 inch wheels (what was on the concept)
-will not have a differential from the trailblazer, nor the rear suspension from the Rendezvous
-will not be based off the "Delta" platform
-will not have a higher-hp engine available at the start of vehicle sales. It is not unequivocally identified anywhere, in any article or quote, whether a future higher hp engine will be turbo or super charged, but the gestalt of the information available implies a charged engine is a high certainty SOMETIME in the future.

So, I wouldn't use the GM-Canada site as a source of what the real solstice will be. Although it's probably an accurate description of the original 2002 show vehicle, it really has nothing to do with the real production solstice execpt for overall styling, size and looks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Speaking of which was the roll-around chassis the only one to have the chrome roll bars ? This one does not.

Play with the brightness of the photo a bit and that is clearly the one that has the whole nose opening like an E-type (which is actually not a bad idea) - the parting line actually goes through the Pontiac arrowhead on the side.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
general said:
Hi Jason...

Yes any GM Car including the Solstice...it's the GM Supplier's Discount. Your manager should be familar with it. I can fax you my authorization information.

Just so you know, I'm going to wait until the Supercharged model is available. You may be interested to know the Canadian GM-Pontiac site gives specs of the Solstice with the Supercharger and a 6 speed.
Richard, do you have knowledge GM will accept supplier discount on Solstice? I was under the impression it would not be accepted on new models or some short supply vehicles like Solstice or Vette. I also can get that but assumed it would not apply.

·
Registered
227 Posts
GM Supplier Discount

CHEVROLET® PONTIAC® OLDSMOBILE® BUICK® GMC® CADILLAC® HUMMER® SATURN® SAAB®
Disclaimers
If the dealer you visit is not willing to sell you a vehicle under the GM Vehicle Purchase Program, you may visit another GM Dealer. Dealer participation is voluntary.
Dealers are not required to participate in the GM Vehicle Purchase Program. To determine a specific dealer’s willingness to sell vehicles under The Programs, you must contact the dealer directly.
During the initial dealer inventory buildup when new models are introduced, and from time to time thereafter, it may be necessary for GM to restrict purchase under The Programs on certain models. Dealers can provide information with respect to any such restrictions in effect.

[IJason - ]Assuming there is a restriction in effect when the vehicle first comes out...I will opt to wait til the restriction has been lifted or until a dealer will match the equivalent price.[/I]

Richard

·
Registered
281 Posts
GTOJ said:

Thanks,

Jason Feuerberg
what is the name and address of the dealership you work for?

thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wait

You are to be praised for your early offer to help out board members with their purchase of a Solstice. However, IMHO, most of us will wait until some time in 2005 to put down money on a delivery list. Patience.............

Thanks for being there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hoffman said:
You are to be praised for your early offer to help out board members with their purchase of a Solstice. However, IMHO, most of us will wait until some time in 2005 to put down money on a delivery list. Patience.............

Thanks for being there.
Oh yeah, patience is key. I just want to make sure everyone knows that if they want to place a deposit now they can do so. Thank you.

Jason

1 - 20 of 42 Posts