Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am surprise no spy shot from Kapuskasing, GM cold weather testing area.
The car should have been there for a couple of weeks or long.
I also believe the top would have been up. :lol:
They do drive the cars up and down the highway there.
Maybe it was to cold for anyone to take pixs.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
mceb said:
There's been several recent sightings but no pics yet.
Recent sightings with pictures and a story about engine upgrade that a newbie found and will be posting soon. If he doesn't, I will by EOD. Did I forget to say, TOP UP PICTURES. :cool: Anyway he found 'em first so I'll let him show and tell.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
achieftain said:
Recent sightings with pictures and a story about engine upgrade that a newbie found and will be posting soon. If he doesn't, I will by EOD. Did I forget to say, TOP UP PICTURES. :cool: Anyway he found 'em first so I'll let him show and tell.
Really? Can't wait to see them :)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I doubt the magazines and spy photographers are really looking for the Solstice since its final design shape has been known for over a year already. I know we are clamoring for more details on the top, but if your a major publication you'd rather get some spy pics of the next unknown vehicle, not more of a known quantity.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
achieftain said:
woo-hoo. Any idea when they're going to post them? Just got me all excited about possible information. Hopefully we get to see it before 5pm, because after that I'm going to the dealer to pre-order, and I'd like to see it before that.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
airbalancer said:
I am surprise no spy shot from Kapuskasing, GM cold weather testing area.
The car should have been there for a couple of weeks or long.
I also believe the top would have been up. :lol:
They do drive the cars up and down the highway there.
Maybe it was to cold for anyone to take pixs.
Thanks because no one actually lives in Kapuskasing.. You have to take a friggin bush plane to get to it!

That being said, I feel sorry for the people that do actually live there.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SlipSlider said:
Thanks because no one actually lives in Kapuskasing.. You have to take a friggin bush plane to get to it!

That being said, I feel sorry for the people that do actually live there.
I have driven by there in the Summer time and it looks like it is closed.
It is on Hwy 11,

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
:willy: :willy: :willy:
Ahhh going crazy over here. Leaving at 5:45pm to go to the dealer, and I want some new pics before I go. :D

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Spy shots

Okay, okay I can't hold back any longer. These were brot to my attention by a brand new member WannaSolstice that hasn't posted yet. I was going to let him put it all up as his first post but I know Brentil (and others) are chomping at the bit, since now there are some SanDiego sightings.

WannaSolstice found these recent pics on www.grandamgt.com and they were put up there by one of the snowboarding members who happened to have his camera with him: First from Alex

3/7/05 Dateline Copper Mountain, CO

Alex, otherwise known as ViperGTSR 500HP reported on a GrandAm blog:

So me and my friend pat are here in Colorado skiing and snowboarding at Copper Mountain, and one morning we look out our window to see a new Solstice in all black toolin around the parking lot. I look a little more into it and it definitely has a michigan plate.

So anyway this morning we saw about 6 of them in the parking lot. My guess is they are testing the altitude ability of the car? We are currently at 9,000 feet so its possible.

I HATED the concept vehicle, thought it was the ugliest thing ive ever seen, but i really like how it looks right now, id be tempted to buy it...maybe.

3/8/05

breaking news. we saw the 6 of them sitting in the hotel parking lot onm out way back from boarding and decided to get a closer look.
We actualy talked to one of the guys and he said that:
that is the performance version of the Solstice
it has about 200hp
they have been testing for a week
and they are working out of farmington hills.

the cars are MANGLED to hell, looks like theyve been rolled . the front bumper on all but one are primered with no grill with wires hangin out
There was some discussion on various power upgrades and one member claimed to "know" a couple GM reps who were positive about parts bin s/c for about $2000 down the road but I would take that with a grain of salt. Even if there is no truth to any performance upgrade at least here are more than one Sol with top up at one time. Note these may still be preproduction tops as these cars look flogged.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,365 Posts
achieftain said:
Okay, okay I can't hold back any longer. These were brot to my attention by a brand new member WannaSolstice that hasn't posted yet. I was going to let him put it all up as his first post but I know Brentil (and others) are chomping at the bit, since now there are some SanDiego sightings.

WannaSolstice found these recent pics on www.grandamgt.com and they were put up there by one of the snowboarding members who happened to have his camera with him: First from Alex

3/7/05 Dateline Copper Mountain, CO

Alex, otherwise known as ViperGTSR 500HP reported on a GrandAm blog:

There was some discussion on various power upgrades and one member claimed to "know" a couple GM reps who were positive about parts bin s/c for about $2000 down the road but I would take that with a grain of salt. Even if there is no truth to any performance upgrade at least here are more than one Sol with top up at one time. Note these may still be preproduction tops as these cars look flogged.
Check out the dual exhaust on the last picture. The other thing I notice about the top on the last picture, it seems there is something pressing against it, maybe test equipment, it looks odd. One of them has different wheels, but 200HP, they got to be kidding.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Definately flogged test mules that for sure. Makes sense that an upgraded version would be in early test mule stage now (for next year?).

Not production cars but still the closest we've even seen mules to this point. Great find.

No idea what's going on with the tops in that last pictures unless they left them unhooked or something. Seems weird.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Check out the dual exhaust on the last picture. The other thing I notice about the top on the last picture, it seems there is something pressing against it, maybe test equipment, it looks odd. One of them has different wheels, but 200HP, they go to be kidding.
Good eye! Didn't even notice the dual exhaust. Is that a trailer hitch, too?

Yep the tops look to be clearly pre-production. I don't like the big humps in the middle. Maybe those are for rollbars in the test vehicles? If they appear to have been banged up, they might need rollbars.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Yes definitely dual exhaust. I didn't catch that before but since then I've zoomed in for a better look. Lack of grills on some reminds me of recessed grill on TwinCam MGA or diff between 427 and 289 Cobra.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts