Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I call a dealer in Merrillville Indiana about a Black Solstice that they just recieved. The salesman didnt even know they had it in. Turns out that the car was ordered by a gentleman that ultimately wanted to pay an "employee discount" for the car. I went to look at the car the night it came in before they even stickreed it. Needless to say I fell in love with the car but I had to wait to see what the guy who ordered it was going to do. This is where my luck comes in to play. The next day the dealer calls me to tell me that the guy who ordered the car dropped out and the car is mine if I want it. I put a deposit down right then and there. After I bought the car I met the line of people in the dealership that were just drolling and hoping that my deal didnt go through so that they could buy it. I feel like the luckiest man in the world!! Now if I can just get through winter.........
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
9,252 Posts
Berserk303 said:
OK so I call a dealer in Merrillville Indiana about a Black Solstice that they just recieved. The salesman didnt even know they had it in. Turns out that the car was ordered by a gentleman that ultimately wanted to pay an "employee discount" for the car. I went to look at the car the night it came in before they even stickreed it. Needless to say I fell in love with the car but I had to wait to see what the guy who ordered it was going to do. This is where my luck comes in to play. The next day the dealer calls me to tell me that the guy who ordered the car dropped out and the car is mine if I want it. I put a deposit down right then and there. After I bought the car I met the line of people in the dealership that were just drolling and hoping that my deal didnt go through so that they could buy it. I feel like the luckiest man in the world!! Now if I can just get through winter.........
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! :)
We all smile with you - enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!! :grouphug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MOMS I am still in shock over this one. I just hope this car can handle being driven through the winter. I already had a hell of a time fastening a buttress to the trunk because of the cold. I literally had to blow on the opening to warm it up so the latch would actuate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
Congratulations!!! :party:

Disturbing news about the buttress problem in the cold. It was 26 degrees F when I left for work this morning!

Did you pay MSRP for your car, or did the dealer add a "market adjustment" to the price?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Enjoy your ride!.........

Berserk303 said:
OK so I call a dealer in Merrillville Indiana about a Black Solstice that they just recieved. The salesman didnt even know they had it in. Turns out that the car was ordered by a gentleman that ultimately wanted to pay an "employee discount" for the car. I went to look at the car the night it came in before they even stickreed it. Needless to say I fell in love with the car but I had to wait to see what the guy who ordered it was going to do. This is where my luck comes in to play. The next day the dealer calls me to tell me that the guy who ordered the car dropped out and the car is mine if I want it. I put a deposit down right then and there. After I bought the car I met the line of people in the dealership that were just drolling and hoping that my deal didnt go through so that they could buy it. I feel like the luckiest man in the world!! Now if I can just get through winter.........
Did you pay MSRP? Just curious as to if the "Guy Who Changed Hid Mind" story wasn't a way to get more than MSRP from you. By all means, Enjoy Your Solstice! :yesnod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
Berserk303,
That's truly amazing! You are going to make a bunch of people here very envious. But awesome for you!

But I have to say that you are the second luckiest man. :) I am the first because not only does my wife have her Solstice, but I have the most awesome wife in history. She's amazing! Let's call it the Double-Fecta! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This is the best part I paid STICKER for the car, nothing more. I got the car fully loaded for 24800!! I still have to figure out how to activate the XM. Good Advice for all.....DO NOT try to pop the buttresses or open the top in cold weather!! I had a nightmare getting that thing back up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Sameo

THat's basically how I got my Sly....only difference is that the DEEP that I had on order came in 5 days later. Cancelled the DEEP & now driving the SLY.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
Glad to hear of your luck, I am from Porter county, will hopefully see you down the road. This makes the fifth one I know of for Lake and Porter county, the second black. Also glad to hear that they only charged MSRP, your dealer just got the Pontiac line in the last month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually I am from Will county. I had to travel out of state for my Black Solstice beauty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
Berserk303 said:
This is the best part I paid STICKER for the car, nothing more. I got the car fully loaded for 24800!! I still have to figure out how to activate the XM. Good Advice for all.....DO NOT try to pop the buttresses or open the top in cold weather!! I had a nightmare getting that thing back up.
Remember to have the windows down when putting the top up. I have not had any problems yet putting the top up in cold weather.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Bonzo said:
Berserk303,
That's truly amazing! You are going to make a bunch of people here very envious. But awesome for you!

But I have to say that you are the second luckiest man. :) I am the first because not only does my wife have her Solstice, but I have the most awesome wife in history. She's amazing! Let's call it the Double-Fecta! :lol:
Sounds like a guy trying to get out of the dog house, or wants to buy something real bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
HAHAH you lucky dog!


Thank your lucky stars that the first deal went through! Otherwise, you might have been waiting a loooong time until the next one came in. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
POTFH said:
Remember to have the windows down when putting the top up. I have not had any problems yet putting the top up in cold weather.
Ok Cool I will give that a shot. You never had any trouble with locking the buttresses in the cold? I had to hot breathe on the opening to get the thing to latch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
Berserk303 said:
Ok Cool I will give that a shot. You never had any trouble with locking the buttresses in the cold? I had to hot breathe on the opening to get the thing to latch.
Berserk303,
Just an FYI to back your cold weather issue, on page 2-34 the manual clearly states "Notice: If you lower the top on your vehicle in cold weather (0 degrees F / -18 degrees C or lower), you may damage top components. Do not lower the top in cold weather."

So you are correct, cold weather may cause some issues.

Regarding the windows, on page 2-36 (or the supplement provided), the manual clearly says "Make sure the ignition is turned off, and lower the windows." From personal experience I can say that the same results can be obtained by opening the doors. As long as the glass is not touching the top when it goes up, you are cool. Otherwise the glass causes funky issues with the seals like I saw at the Ride & Drive in July.

Hope this helps, and have fun!!!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,574 Posts
Berserk303 said:
This is the best part I paid STICKER for the car, nothing more. I got the car fully loaded for 24800!! I still have to figure out how to activate the XM. Good Advice for all.....DO NOT try to pop the buttresses or open the top in cold weather!! I had a nightmare getting that thing back up.

Congratulations Berserk, you are a fortunate man. Interesting information about the top, maybe others have answers. I'm sure you know but the XM radio requires activating a subscription to their service before it is fully operational. Usually requires calling in an ID# while the radio is tuned to a certain "XM" master station so that the GPS can track and find you. Good Luck with your new peice of luck! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Bonzo,
I bought the car late last night...drove until the wee hours and now I am at work. I need to read the manual at lunch today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
birdliver said:
Congratulations Berserk, you are a fortunate man. Interesting information about the top, maybe others have answers. I'm sure you know but the XM radio requires activating a subscription to their service before it is fully operational. Usually requires calling in an ID# while the radio is tuned to a certain "XM" master station so that the GPS can track and find you. Good Luck with your new peice of luck! ;)
I thought that there was a 3 month subscription that came with the purchase of the car....ahh well.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,574 Posts
Berserk303 said:
I thought that there was a 3 month subscription that came with the purchase of the car....ahh well.
Hey, that may be but I'll bet you still have to activate. They would still need to know when the three months begins, right? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,103 Posts
Way to go!

Berserk303 said:
OK so I call a dealer in Merrillville Indiana about a Black Solstice that they just recieved. The salesman didnt even know they had it in. Turns out that the car was ordered by a gentleman that ultimately wanted to pay an "employee discount" for the car. I went to look at the car the night it came in before they even stickreed it. Needless to say I fell in love with the car but I had to wait to see what the guy who ordered it was going to do. This is where my luck comes in to play. The next day the dealer calls me to tell me that the guy who ordered the car dropped out and the car is mine if I want it. I put a deposit down right then and there. After I bought the car I met the line of people in the dealership that were just drolling and hoping that my deal didnt go through so that they could buy it. I feel like the luckiest man in the world!! Now if I can just get through winter.........
That's how I got my Solstice. I called a dealer in Manassas, VA and he said come on out, we have two. I drove the Aggressive and bought the Deep on 11/15/05. I'm so happy! :willy:
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top