Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a joke. I expect my car (Black,Sand/Steel) any day now and Thursday night I was getting out of a golf cart and tripped breaking my right ankle. I guess it will be six weeks before I get my first drive! My dealer might have a display model for a little while.

·
Registered
48 Posts
As if i needed another reason not to play a ridiculous game

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Unbelievable. It's at least 6 weeks of heal time, and 2 weeks of therapy to get you accustomed to walking without both crutches. I broke my foot by falling off my pool wall in 2001. It was the first day of vacation, I'd just bought 7 cans of paint that morning and was on a ladder painting my house when the next door neighbor's kid dumped a bottle of coagulating sunblock into the pool. Was trying to vacuum it out when I fell. Get a knapsack for your back and put what you need in it. It'll make your life easier.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Man that's terrible news! :( :cryin: Maybe you could call your dealer and get him to sweeten the deal 'cuz he gets to keep it longer. Like maybe an automatic GTO as a loner? Throw your cast across the transmission tunnel and pedal with your left. Or spend some of your time shopping for a new, itty-bitty golf bag.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I'm surprised nobody has offered to drive you around in your car for 6 weeks.

I broke my left hip in a cycling accident and couldn't drive until I could walk with a cane, that took 10 weeks. Both our cars at the time were 5-speeds. I even went as far as to call both dealerships to find out what force was required to operate the clutch.

People just don't appreciate how dangerous golf is.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
jandouglass said:
This is not a joke. I expect my car (Black,Sand/Steel) any day now and Thursday night I was getting out of a golf cart and tripped breaking my right ankle. I guess it will be six weeks before I get my first drive! My dealer might have a display model for a little while.
I'm kind of in the same situation except I have to have sugery on my shoulder for a torn rotator cuff, it's the 3 sugery in 14 months,because it keeps re-tearing. But I'll have my husband drive me around in it to show it off. I bought it as a toy for my husband mostly and me sometimes.

zero zip ct.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
deluke said:
I'm kind of in the same situation except I have to have sugery on my shoulder for a torn rotator cuff, it's the 3 sugery in 14 months,because it keeps re-tearing. But I'll have my husband drive me around in it to show it off. I bought it as a toy for my husband mostly and me sometimes.
Just make sure you remember to use your good arm when waving at all your envious friends.

·
Registered
152 Posts
sorry about your bad luck, bro.

uh...can you snap some photo's as soon as you get your car, though? i've got mysterious with 2tone as well and I'm nervouse the 2tone will look cheap! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I am sorry to hear of your misfortune but some how I feel that you will be healed by the time your Solstice gets there at the rate they are comming.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Bad news. Get better soon. I agree you should consider finding someone to drive you around in the car so you can look GOOOOOOOD.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Sucks jandouglass :(

Spend some time giving it a good wax and you'll be ready to roll before you know it.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Man that's terrible news! :( :cryin: Maybe you could call your dealer and get him to sweeten the deal 'cuz he gets to keep it longer. Like maybe an automatic GTO as a loner? Throw your cast across the transmission tunnel and pedal with your left. Or spend some of your time shopping for a new, itty-bitty golf bag.
Seriously! But not for a GTO. Don't visit him on this matter... just call. Tell him you've thought about letting him display it for a while and ask him what he thinks. Then tell him to take xxxx amount off your price and you'll leave it there for a month. The give the stipulations; it must be roped off and nobody is to drive it, etc...

·
Registered
753 Posts
jandouglass said:
I guess it will be six weeks before I get my first drive! My dealer might have a display model for a little while.
maybe on a car pedestal outside where it will stop traffic and no one would be able to climb in and screw anything up

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Had foot surgery which required a cast on my right foot and 6 months later same on my left foot---still was able to drive my stick Miata with them. Did not have a lead foot had a plaster foot----

1 - 16 of 16 Posts