Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's going to check about the monsoon, but she said they will cancell the contract, and Capital one will overnight the check and I'll take it up when it gets here. WHEW! I'll save $4000 plus this way, there was just so much commotion Saturday, and excitement,these things happen. Thanks everyone for your support for me and everyone here, I so appreciate it! Marla

·
Registered
98 Posts
Always nice to read a happy post! :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nix that statement,

I'm getting a lawyer! Marla

·
Registered
96 Posts
mogo said:
I'm getting a lawyer! Marla
What happened? It looked like things were working out well. :( Let us know if any of us can help (if its only in moral support).

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No,,Things didn't work out for me!

They basically said it was my fault they didn't order the Monsoon, and nothing can be done, I'm stuck with a 35,000 loan for 84 months with warranty and gap attatched to it, but they will send me a check in the mail for the gap,no mudflaps as promised,and she is sending me the smokers in the mail.Capital one approved me but said since I can't cancel the Dealer financing, it would be a refinance, which would be a 8% loan.So they basically screwed me. Have a car that is missing a system I really wanted. She did say If I really wanted the monsoon, I could order a new car, but wont get it until 2007.So, thats the update. A few dealers i Know , want me to call the tv stations, we'll see, I'm calling my lawyer tomorrow! Marla

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
mogo said:
They basically said it was my fault they didn't order the Monsoon, and nothing can be done, I'm stuck with a 35,000 loan for 84 months with warranty and gap attatched to it, but they will send me a check in the mail for the gap,no mudflaps as promised,and she is sending me the smokers in the mail.Capital one approved me but said since I can't cancel the Dealer financing, it would be a refinance, which would be a 8% loan.So they basically screwed me. Have a car that is missing a system I really wanted. She did say If I really wanted the monsoon, I could order a new car, but wont get it until 2007.So, thats the update. A few dealers i Know , want me to call the tv stations, we'll see, I'm calling my lawyer tomorrow! Marla
dont quite understand why you cant cancel the the loan at this point..it probably hasnt been processed as far as the loan department assume its (GMAC) is concerned....shop around for another..most will not call it a refinance for a higher interest rate if you explain what you are doing....I do it with my credit union all the time..

is the monthly payment difference with the capital one loan and dealership loan more or less....if more for a shorter period of time...just put that against the dealer loan and you pay off the car sooner....but again not knowing the details of the loan hard to say.....remember..the more you pay on the principle of the car each month..the quicker you get it paid off....

concerning the monsoon...its the addition of the subwoofer and amp basically...did you get that option printed on on your original order form and get a copy of the workbench order..when it went into VOMS...that would be the only way to be sure all your options would ordered..but I hate a dealership to tell you its your fault an order didnt get added.....that stinks.....good luck

·
Registered
276 Posts
Absolutely get a lawyer. Let him review everything. Unfortunately, if you don't have anything in writing about what you ordered, it will be difficult to prove. Also, if you signed the financing statements, the wording that was in it but not read might adversely effect you. On the other hand, there might be some sort of Ohio Consumer Protection Law that allows for the consumer to cancel this sort of consumer financing. Have you notified the dealer in writing that you wanted to cancel? That might be necessary if there is a three day rule or some hour restriction. Just a thought from a Louisiana lawyer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts