Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I found this forum yesterday after seeing a Solstice for the first time here in Dallas. I had never heard of the car until then and completly lost it....and now can't stop thinking about this car that I MUST have. I've been doing as much online research on the car as I can since seeing it.....this seems to be the best place for info. great job.

I'm a drummer so of course I'll have to keep my Honda Passport to haul those, but I'm deffintly going to be getting one of these to keep in the garage and have fun with. Just can't wait till aftermarket mods become avaliable.

Upon calling the closest Pontiac dealer(sewell pontiac) was told that they had 3 come in this last week and all were sold. If I wanted one I could order it but it would take 8-10 months. Is this right? Or is that only at that particular dealrship?

I defintly want a Mysterious colored car. I plan to add White racing stripes and having the wheels painted White. Ah, it's gonna look smooth!

hope to hear more from ya'll....especially people from the dallas area. we need to get together, mod our cars, and challange the mini and miati clubs..hehe.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hey HSdrummer - we've been getting a post a day like yours for the last week or so - Welcome :cheers:

Bad news - you can be relatively certain that the dealer was giving you an honest estimate. :(

Good news- with a little leg work, you should be able to find another dealer that could get your car a little or a lot sooner.

Search though SmallDealers posts for some good info on the order process.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!! I went ahead and checked out some more info on the ordering process.....so I'm gonna take the advice and call around and see what I can find.

This car has me captivated.....the crazy part is I was about to buy a 2002 Porsche Boxter for about 30K when I saw this car. I called the dealership and let them know I wouldn't be buying the boxster. While I understand the performance ascepts of the two cars can't be compared, I'm in it to get the "looks" going down the road anyway. lol.

I feel confident that I'll get that with it being stock....more so after I add the stripes and White Wheels.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Just wait till you start dreaming about it :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Already started.......damn this is nuts. I do this when it comes to drums. But never for a car. Last drum kit I ordered took 4 months.....and that almost killed me. lol.

For those that don't think GM keeps people "in the loop" well as far as when the car will be "home". Try ordering a custom Drum kit.....lol. I'm endorsed by Spaun Custom Drums and they don't even give me an idea as to when, where, ect ect.

·
5,641 Posts
HSdrummer said:
Thanks!! I went ahead and checked out some more info on the ordering process.....so I'm gonna take the advice and call around and see what I can find.
Yes call around, there are dealers in the Dallas area that have cars origionally ordered as "stock" in Mysterious.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: Yes
General Conversation: No

Carrollton or Arlington

·
Registered
729 Posts
HSdrummer,

Where did you see this Solstice?? I live in Fort Worth and want to see one in person. Did you see it on the road or at a dealer?? I would drive to Dallas to see it right now!!

Thanks!!

- bspate -

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Make sure you talk to GTOJ or whoever is taking his place when you talk to Sewell. He's a supporting dealer.

I believe the person you want to talk to is Michael Sparr, if possible. He took over for Jason as Jason took another postion.

Sewell Pontiac in Dallas, TX
214-956-3776 (direct line)
800-350-8008 (800 number to dealership)
[email protected]

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Solsti in the Dallas area

We are getting quite a few folks in the North Texas area with cars either on order or just starting the process. Place your order - then settle back! It might be a while! I'm #781 and mine is sitting in Lordstown, Ohio waiting for movement to Oklahoma City, then to Gainesville, Tx.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bspate- I saw the car at a Gas Station! doubt it's still there..lol.

I did talk to a guy at Sewell on Lemon that told me that they had one on the sales floor waiting to be picked up by it's owner. They might still have it....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts