Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put down my $500 deposit on a Solstice and will be guarenteed one of the first 5 my dealer will get for being in the 1000 program and delivery should be mid June to mid July. This dosen't mean I will get one of the first thousand no one knows at this point who will get them it depends on how quick the orders get in when the program starts but he is getting and alotment of 5 for early delivery.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Why would you want one of the first 1000? :crazy:
If there are going to be problems - they will have them.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
AJC said:
That's a risk to anyone who is an early adopter on any platform, whether it be a car or a computer... and in my personal experience, the only times I have ever been disappointed is when the price drops 50% later on... but the Solstice is pretty much protected from that.

I also placed my $500 deposit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
AJC said:
Because it will be a collector later and it will be fun and u will have it first and if there are any problems, they will lead to recalls and things and they will all be fixed by GM for free

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
AJC said:
Since the owners of the first 1000 will be the Solstice image leaders for Pontiac, and because they want to sell bundles more, they will take care of us if there are problems. My '03 Harley V-rod is an early 100th anniversery version and I havn't had any problems. Harley had no major issues with the first year '02s either. I want to have one of the first 1000 because of its collector appeal, and mainly because, I have always wanted a roadster. I don't think Pontiac or GM will dump a lemon on us.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The same as the other posts state and also we are gaurenteed MSRP but after the first there is no guarentee that the price wont go up or the dealers begin to put premium on. I bought a Dodge Magnum RT and got it in August since I bought mine there has been 3 price increases. Those low intro prices can raise in a hurry. Also 9200 miles on my Magnum and no visits to the dealer for service. The car is flawless. I dont expect the solstice to be any diffrent.

·
Registered
133 Posts
AJC said:
Do you reckon they'll be permanent, i.e. uncorrectable, problems? As in a fundamental design flaw? Hard to fathom anything that drastic from where I'm sitting.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Breeze said:
Do you reckon they'll be permanent, i.e. uncorrectable, problems? As in a fundamental design flaw? Hard to fathom anything that drastic from where I'm sitting.
I don't forsee ANY problems with the first 1000 first 10000 or whole first year production. Having been the owner of a troublefree from the beginning 1997 Grand Prix, which was a major design change, I can attest to GM emulating Ford's "Quality is Job One" and this goes back a few years already. A modern car manufacturer does not experience the dreaded "problems" of fit and finish and operation of their upper to high end vehicles that are built at a slower pace. Ladies and gents the Solstice is not a Cavalier or Sunfire with standard skinny tires on tinfoil wheels, and even then, its the dealer who supplies the service. You could have a potential "lemon law" unit and be happy with it if you are happy with your dealer.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
AJC said:
Try to remember that by the time the first production unit comes off of the line that they have built hundreds of complete vehicles prior to that. Also, all the companies hold vehicles for evaluation when they start up a new production line or model... you don't build the first car and ship it out the door the same day. All cars, be it a Vette or a Aveo get looked over with a fine tooth comb and white glove treatment. This car, being the "halo" of Pontiac, will get at least that if not more attention at launch.

Does that mean there will be no issues... certainly not, something could be wrong, but the extent of any potential problem will be limited, and it would be a minor one at that (if there was even anything).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts