Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm moving to L.A. from the Netherlands and as most Europeans do when they move to Southern California, I want a convertible (or cabriolet, as we say ;) ). And of course there would be no better treat than a Solstice :D

Now, as I'll be arriving during the second half of October, I guess I'll be
waiting until April or so to receive my new car... Should I hold-off a little longer and get a 2007? Or does one of you know a short-cut for getting one quicker?

All the best,
Edwin

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Shortcut is to buy one of the early ones offered up already. Or when the extra hp version is available some of the 2006's will get traded in but don't expect to see that for almost a year. In sunny CA you will have a hard time finding any available allocations left at the dealers. Rumor at my dealer is that 2006 model year of Sol will run all the way through or into June.

Oh, and here in the eastern US when we say cabriolet the lowered top stays out on top of the car (PT Cruiser, VW Rabbit/Golf) In CA if you ask for a cabriolet you might get something very strange indeed. :lol:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Cabrios

Oh, we know what Cabriolets are out west. 1949 Porche 356s are still operating out here where running rust and salt damage are practically unknown. If you're looking for a gay cabriolet, a convertible new beetle is the ticket.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Just in case...

...have you considered a Saturn Sky instead? If you can live with a Sky vice a Solstice, you might have better a chance of getting a car in the spring (though I must admit that I don't know this for sure). We do have a sister forum dedicated to the Sky.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you calling me gay?!

Solace said:
Oh, we know what Cabriolets are out west. 1949 Porche 356s are still operating out here where running rust and salt damage are practically unknown. If you're looking for a gay cabriolet, a convertible new beetle is the ticket.
Great! :brentil: I guess I shouldn't tell you then that I'll drive a Volkswagen Golf convertible until my Solstice arrives (once I've been able to place my order). :leaving: It wasn't my choice, it's what my future employer has available for me for free. :devil: Overhere I drive a baby Benz, which, although not convertible (much less desirable in the Netherlands anyway) is an absolute excellent ride. :yesnod:

Anyway, order a 2006 last week of October or hold off for a 2007?
Is the souped-up 2007 version such an improvement? I've never had a car with more than 2000 cc, leave alone a 2400 cc for a two seater. That should do, right?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2KWK4U said:
...have you considered a Saturn Sky instead? If you can live with a Sky vice a Solstice, you might have better a chance of getting a car in the spring (though I must admit that I don't know this for sure). We do have a sister forum dedicated to the Sky.
Ah no. No sky for me. Although technically speaking similar cars, toootally different image, I think. I am 'a' (not the) Solstice guy, not a Sky guy. Much more European look to it :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts