Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Solstice arrived at my dealer today.Mysterious #40 the owner of the dealership who I deal with called me when the Solstice was being unloaded.My wife and I took off like a shot. As everyone has said they are more beautiful in person. That is the case. I was allowed to drive it around the lot .The Solstice owner is out of town untill Thurs. Yes I will allow him to drive mine when it arrives if wishes.Do'nt get on my case. God I love the Solstice..

·
Registered
819 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
Solstice arrived at my dealer today.Mysterious #40 the owner of the dealership who I deal with called me when the Solstice was being unloaded.My wife and I took off like a shot. As everyone has said they are more beautiful in person. That is the case. I was allowed to drive it around the lot .The Solstice owner is out of town untill Thurs. Yes I will allow him to drive mine when it arrives if wishes.Do'nt get on my case. God I love the Solstice..
I am sure the owner won't be as upset having a Solstice fanatic driving it with the care they would their own car. The attitude counts for something. :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
What kind of a dealer would let you drive a car that has been sold to someone else?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Editguy said:
What kind of a dealer would let you drive a car that has been sold to someone else?
Also, wrong forum. ;)[/QUOT I guess he felt sorry because I was wait listed when my order went in before the 3 1st 1000 at his dealership. I did end up with a 1000 but that did not erase the pain I went through. There was a article about me getting one of the first 1000. The next day in the newspaper after the apprentice promo.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Did the owner know???

SCISOLSTICE said:
Did the owner know that their car was going to be driven or was this just a "dealer" decision? Just wondering and preparing for notes to my dealer.

Thanks -

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I don't blame you for jumping at the opportunity to get behind the wheel. I am not sure I like the dealer offering rides in a sold vehicle, but I know I would have jumped at the opportunity too. Congrats!

Tell us what you thought of it in your brief driving experience!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Don't get on his case. I know I (and probably everyone else on this board) don't have the ethical fortitude to turn down a ride and especially a slow, gentle drive in a Solstice. Hell, I'd pay to drive one around a dealers lot, no questions asked.

So how much smoke did ya get on the burnouts and donuts? :lol:

·
Registered
819 Posts
If my dealer were to call me today and say that their F1K had arrived, I would want to see it. I already have told them how I wanted mine treated, I would like to take pics of mine while still on the truck. I would have to respectfully decline any offers to drive that car until after its "mother and father" had already done so, and only in the time that they allowed. This their purchase and needs to be treated as such.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I question how many other poeple the dealer let drive a sold car!!!! Looking, taking pictures OK, driving, sitting in, playing with the top - NO NO NO!

VIN #507, Sly, Fullyloaded, Standard Radio, no smoker package

·
Registered
210 Posts
Totally Agree

crawdadsolstice said:
If my dealer were to call me today and say that their F1K had arrived, I would want to see it. I already have told them how I wanted mine treated, I would like to take pics of mine while still on the truck. I would have to respectfully decline any offers to drive that car until after its "mother and father" had already done so, and only in the time that they allowed. This their purchase and needs to be treated as such.
:agree:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did see another owners car at the dealership. The sales guy was opening doors, starting the car, pointing out this and that. He asked if I wanted to sit in it. I SAID NO, IT IS NOT MY CAR. I never even touched the car. I also told him that he did not have to show me anything else. I was here to admire look but not touch. Kind of like a fine woman.

I told the sales manager after that not to let that guy near my car.

Steve

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Assuming there is some intrinsic value to owning a pristine First 1K car... the dealer is taking quite a chance by allowing someone to drive it... what if you back into another car in the lot while pulling out?? what if some guy cuts you off and you are in an accident.... It's not like the dealer can go order another First 1,000 car...

·
Registered
144 Posts
package said:
Assuming there is some intrinsic value to owning a pristine First 1K car... the dealer is taking quite a chance by allowing someone to drive it... what if you back into another car in the lot while pulling out?? what if some guy cuts you off and you are in an accident.... It's not like the dealer can go order another First 1,000 car...
Like a salesman is going to think along those lines. They don't care about these cars. Salesmen are salesmen first. Whether it be appliances or cars, they really don't care.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Soul Stiz said:
Like a salesman is going to think along those lines. They don't care about these cars. Salesmen are salesmen first. Whether it be appliances or cars, they really don't care.

Man, it'd be really weird if there are forums about appliances... "Man! check out that new maytag, it's one of the 1st thousand ever produced!"

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Nix Sol said:
Man, it'd be really weird if there are forums about appliances... "Man! check out that new maytag, it's one of the 1st thousand ever produced!"
:glol: :glol: :glol: :glol: Thanks, you made my day!!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Nix Sol said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the humor. I hurt after reading this one.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Primus said:
To be honest with you guys, I didn't even feel right driving my own car until I signed all the papers. I didn't even want to touch it. Maybe I'm crazy.
I always feel the same way. I thought it was just me!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts